1. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
5. An ACE inhibitor (trade name Vasotec) that blocks the formation of angiotensin in the kidney and so results in vasodilation.
12. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
15. The time that has elapsed.
16. The god who fathered the islands and gods of Japan with his sister Izanami.
17. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
18. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
19. English blue cheese.
20. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
21. Malevolent aspect of Devi.
23. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
24. Made tough by habitual exposure.
26. A member of the Wakashan people living on Vancouver Island and in the Cape Flattery region of northwestern Washington.
29. A state in north central United States.
31. An argument opposed to a proposal.
32. Fast-growing herbaceous evergreen tree of South America having a broad trunk with high water content and dark green oval leaves.
35. French poet and novelist and dramatist.
38. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
40. An ancient city in southeastern Greece.
42. A Dravidian language closely related to Tamil that is spoken in a hilly section of southwestern India.
44. A cell without a nucleus (as an erythrocyte).
46. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
47. Lean end of the neck.
48. (British) Your grandmother.
49. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
50. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
51. A collection of things wrapped or boxed together.
54. Squash bugs.
56. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
58. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
59. (Babylonian) Any of a group of powerful earth spirits or genii.
63. Artificial and inferior.
70. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
72. An informal term for a father.
73. Look at with amorous intentions.
74. Discrimination in favor of the able-bodied.
76. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. A condition requiring relief.
78. A festival featuring African-American culture.
79. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
1. Make synchronous and adjust in time or manner.
2. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
3. A fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function.
4. A game in which numbered balls are drawn and random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards.
5. Someone who visits.
6. An antiviral drug used in the treatment of AIDS.
7. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
8. Being the only one.
9. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
10. Attempting to get personal recognition for yourself (especially by unacceptable means).
11. Of a vivid red to reddish-orange color.
12. A drama set to music.
13. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
14. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
22. A licensed medical practitioner.
25. An exorbitant or unlawful rate of interest.
27. A bag carried by a strap on your back or shoulder.
28. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
30. Tree of southeastern Asia having edible oval fruit with a hard spiny rind.
33. Mental infirmity as a consequence of old age.
34. A genus of Stromateidae.
36. Tropical tree of Central America and West Indies and Puerto Rico having spikes of white flowers.
37. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
39. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
41. A gland in which gametes (sex cells) are produced.
43. State capital and largest city of Georgia.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
52. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
53. English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833).
55. The bottom of a sea or ocean.
57. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
60. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
61. An ancient port city in southwestern Spain.
62. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
64. A feeling of intense anger.
65. Being the only one.
66. A submachine gun operated by gas pressure.
67. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
68. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
69. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
71. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
75. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.