1. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
5. (Babylonian) Earth goddess.
12. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
15. Type genus of the family Ulvaceae.
16. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
17. (Irish) The sea personified.
18. Turn pale, as if in fear.
20. United States pharmacologist (born in Germany) who was the first to show that acetylcholine is produced at the junction between a parasympathetic nerve and a muscle (1873-1961).
21. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
22. 100 aurar equal 1 krona.
24. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
26. The German state.
28. An advanced law degree.
30. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
31. French philosopher and writer born in Switzerland.
34. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
36. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
37. A female member of a royal family other than the queen (especially the daughter of a sovereign).
42. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
43. Minor or subordinate.
44. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
45. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
47. A republic in central Europe.
48. A person of Iranian descent.
51. (with `in') Guardianship over.
52. Being one more than one.
54. Beads threaded on a string.
56. A space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane).
57. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
60. A warning against certain acts.
62. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
63. Fallow deer.
65. A port on the Gulf of Oman and capital of the sultanate of Oman.
67. An underwater mountain rising above the ocean floor.
70. Atlantic coast round clams with hard shells.
74. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
75. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
78. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
79. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
80. Of or relating to or located at the base.
82. Swiss painter influenced by Kandinsky (1879-1940).
83. To an excessive degree.
84. Brazilian tree with handsomely marked wood.
85. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Apply a lubricant to.
2. A friendly nation.
3. (often followed by `with' or used in combination) Troubled by or encroached upon in large numbers.
4. A fluid product of inflammation.
5. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
6. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
7. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
8. A small natural hill.
9. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
10. The momentary present.
11. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
12. An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
13. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
14. Food made from dough of flour or meal and usually raised with yeast or baking powder and then baked.
19. Tender and brittle.
23. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
25. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
27. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
29. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
32. Rig used in drilling for oil or gas.
33. Not imagined even in a dream.
35. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
38. Any of several plants of the genus Manihot having fleshy roots yielding a nutritious starch.
39. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
40. Or or relating to or caused by tides.
41. Any mixture of a soft and malleable consistency.
46. An associate degree in applied science.
49. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
50. In the Roman calendar.
53. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
55. A town in northern Egypt.
58. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
59. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
61. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
64. 100 aurar equal 1 krona.
66. A form of Japanese poetry.
68. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
69. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
71. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
72. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
73. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
76. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
77. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
81. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.