1. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
4. Pertaining to loss of hair or wool or feathers.
12. Inquire about.
15. Something that remunerates.
16. A skirt consisting of a rectangle of calico or printed cotton.
17. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
18. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
19. A colorless liquid aldehyde.
20. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
21. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
23. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
24. Jordan's port.
26. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
28. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
30. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
32. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
34. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
37. Connected with or belonging to or used in a navy.
41. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
43. Confined to and understandable by only an enlightened inner circle.
45. A public promotion of some product or service.
46. Characterized by rising prices.
47. The highest level or degree attainable.
48. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
50. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
51. A stiff protective garment worn by hockey players or a catcher in baseball to protect the shins.
56. Take in solid food.
57. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
59. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
61. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
62. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
64. A motley assortment of things.
72. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
73. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
76. Lack of sight.
77. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
80. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
81. An informal term for a father.
82. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
83. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. Measuring instrument for indicating speed of rotation.
3. Type genus of Cycadaceae.
4. Any high mountain.
5. A supply of food especially for a household.
6. Rounded like an egg.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
9. (astronomy) An indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels.
10. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
11. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
12. The ninth month of the Hindu calendar.
13. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
14. God of love and erotic desire.
22. Of or relating to or derived from wheat.
25. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
27. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
29. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
31. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
33. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
35. God of the Ammonites and Phoenicians to whom parents sacrificed their children.
36. A Basque or Spanish game played in a court with a ball and a wickerwork racket.
38. The matter ejected in vomiting.
39. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
40. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
42. Any of numerous perennial bulbous herbs having linear or broadly lanceolate leaves and usually a single showy flower.
44. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
49. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
52. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
53. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
54. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
55. Red Bordeaux wine from the Medoc district of southwestern France.
58. An informal term for a father.
60. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
63. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
65. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
66. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
67. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
68. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
69. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
70. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
71. Someone whose job is to dye cloth.
74. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
75. The longest division of geological time.
78. A person forced to flee from home or country.
79. Being one more than one.