1. The syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization.
4. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the western Dakotas.
12. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
15. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
16. Of or relating to or characteristic of Andorra or its people.
17. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
18. Women's stockings made from a sheer material (nylon or rayon or silk).
20. Show a response or a reaction to something.
21. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
22. An ore that is the chief source of zinc.
23. Military action involving the use of electromagnetic energy to determine or exploit or reduce or prevent hostile use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
24. German dramatist (1813-1863).
26. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
27. (Akkadian) Mother and earth goddess in Gilgamish epic.
29. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
31. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
32. Commit once again, as of a crime.
36. Austrian writer (1881-1942).
40. The sound made by a pigeon v 1.
41. Used of a single unit or thing.
42. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
43. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
45. Become one.
47. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
49. A territory in southwestern Germany formerly ruled by the counts palatine.
51. German naturalist whose speculations that plants and animals are made up of tiny living `infusoria' led to the cell theory (1779-1851).
52. The ratio of the distance traveled (in kilometers) to the time spent traveling (in hours).
53. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
55. A kind of fluent easy superficiality.
59. Composed of or covered with relatively large particles.
60. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
63. 1 species.
65. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
67. Having few if any teeth.
71. Not only so, but.
72. Reported or spread by word of mouth.
75. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
76. Moderate or restrain.
77. Causing nasal discharge.
78. Range of what one can know or understand.
79. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
80. German engineer and automobile manufacturer who produced the first high-speed internal combustion engine (1834-1900).
81. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. A member of a Slavic people who settled in Serbia and neighboring areas in the 6th and 7th centuries.
2. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
3. English economist (born in Austria) noted for work on the optimum allocation of resources (1899-1992).
4. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
5. Remove from political office.
6. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
7. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
8. Existing or belonging to a time before a war.
9. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
10. A Mexican-American teenager who belongs to a neighborhood gang and who dresses in showy clothes.
11. A large entrance or reception room or area.
12. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
13. A racing sled for one or two people.
14. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
19. Belonging to some prior time.
25. (informal) Of very poor quality.
28. The process of remembering (especially the process of recovering information by mental effort).
30. Someone who is regarded as contemptible.
33. The world of commercial activity where goods and services are bought and sold.
34. Serve oneself to, or consume regularly.
35. (used informally) Very small.
37. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
38. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
39. (Norse mythology) Wife of Thor and guardian of the home.
44. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
46. Of or relating to a geological eon (longer than an era).
48. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
50. Any of various plants of the genus Zigadenus having glaucous leaves and terminal racemes of mostly white flowers.
54. Deeply affected or marked by mental or physical pain or injury.
56. A person who breeds animals.
57. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
58. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
61. Of or relating to or involving an area.
62. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
64. A source of danger.
66. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
68. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
69. In bed.
70. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
73. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
74. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.