1. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
4. Pick consisting of a steel rod with a sharp point.
11. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
15. A licensed medical practitioner.
16. Extract of the heartwood of Acacia catechu used for dying and tanning and preserving fishnets and sails.
17. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
18. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
20. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
21. Scandinavian liquor usually flavored with caraway seeds.
23. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
25. A formal exposition.
26. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
29. Declare invalid.
30. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
32. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
33. A quantity of no importance.
37. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
40. A rare polyvalent metallic element of the platinum group.
41. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
43. Similar to McIntosh.
46. A United Nations agency to promote trade by increasing the exchange stability of the major currencies.
50. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
51. A master's degree in library science.
53. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
54. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
55. A secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal).
58. Obvious and dull.
59. Talk pompously.
63. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
66. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
70. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
72. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
74. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
75. Being one more than two.
76. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
78. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
79. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
80. A large estate in Spanish-speaking countries.
81. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
2. A painful sore with a hard pus-filled core.
3. Leave immediately.
4. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
5. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
6. The principles of right and wrong that are accepted by an individual or a social group.
7. Seed of a pea plant.
8. Being nine more than ninety.
9. A composition that imitates somebody's style in a humorous way.
10. A famous waterfall in Venezuela.
11. An interruption in the intensity or amount of something.
12. A heavy block of iron or steel on which hot metals are shaped by hammering.
13. Armor plate that protects the chest.
14. The officer below the master on a commercial ship.
19. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
22. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
28. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
31. Characteristic of or relating to winter.
34. American dramatist (1928- ).
35. The largest city of Cameroon.
36. The act of refusing a request.
38. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
39. Chief god.
42. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
44. Jordan's port.
45. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
47. Illuminated by means of floodlights.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
49. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
52. Of or relating to or caused by streptococci.
56. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
57. Consisting of or made of cedar.
60. Cause to be embarrassed.
61. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
62. Patron saint of Wales (circa 520-600).
64. A sudden short attack.
65. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
67. Set down according to a plan.
68. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
69. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
71. An accountant certified by the state.
73. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. A radioactive element of the actinide series.