1. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
4. Climbing garden plant having fragrant pastel-colored flowers.
12. The bill in a restaurant.
15. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
16. Striped hyena of southeast Africa that feeds chiefly on insects.
17. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
18. Any of numerous plants widely cultivated for their showy single or double red or pink or white flowers.
20. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
21. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
22. A doctor's degree in musical arts.
24. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
26. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. A light touch or stroke.
28. A fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true.
31. Before noon.
33. Unknown god.
34. Informal terms for a mother.
35. A strong current of air.
38. A short sleeveless outer tunic emblazoned with a coat of arms.
42. A man who is engaged to be married.
43. (Norse mythology) God of war and strife and son of Odin.
46. Mud or clay or small rocks deposited by a river or lake.
47. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
51. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
52. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
53. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
54. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
57. A festival featuring African-American culture.
60. A public promotion of some product or service.
61. A cgs unit of work or energy.
62. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
64. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
70. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
73. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
77. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
78. (trademark) A cobalt-base alloy with chromium and other metals.
80. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
81. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
82. German baroque composer (1681-1767).
83. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
2. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
3. A person who makes deceitful pretenses.
4. A bar of sand.
5. A manner of performance.
6. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
7. The younger brother of Edwy who became king of Northumbria when it renounced Edwy.
8. A sharp vibrating sound (as of a plucked string).
9. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
10. Late time of life.
11. Lighted up by or as by fire or flame.
12. Two-year-old sheep.
13. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
14. Divulge information or secrets.
19. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
23. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
25. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
29. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
30. An enveloping or covering membrane or layer of body tissue.
32. Hawthorn of southern United States bearing juicy acid scarlet fruit often used in jellies or preserves.
36. Whitish fibrous membrane (albuginea) that with the cornea forms the outer covering of the eyeball.
37. The cardinal number that is the sum of three and one.
39. Type genus of the Bramidae.
40. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
41. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
44. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
45. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
48. Having had the bones removed.
49. An unforeseen obstacle.
50. The cry made by sheep.
55. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
56. A drawing illustrating the relations between certain quantities plotted with reference to a set of axes.
58. A lustrous gray strong metallic element resembling titanium.
59. Make steady.
63. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
65. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
66. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
67. French physicist noted for research on magnetism (born in 1904).
68. A small island.
69. An elaborate song for solo voice.
71. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
72. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
74. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
75. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
76. Being one more than nine.
79. A state in east central United States.