1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. The ninth month of the Moslem calendar.
11. A major god.
15. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
16. Relating to or resembling lymphatic glands or lymphoid tissue n.
17. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
18. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
19. A crisp bread of fine white flour.
21. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
23. Little known Kamarupan languages.
25. A unit of inductance in which an induced electromotive force of one volt is produced when the current is varied at the rate of one ampere per second.
28. Loggerhead turtles.
31. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
34. (often followed by `with' or used in combination) Troubled by or encroached upon in large numbers.
36. Be going to.
38. Characterized by the use of period costume or fancy dress.
39. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
41. A human limb.
42. Be obliged to pay or repay.
43. Not only so, but.
45. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
48. A quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one).
50. The mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded.
53. Reduction or lack of an immune response to a specific antigen.
55. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
59. Singing jazz.
62. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
65. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
66. A severe or trying experience.
69. Not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course.
71. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
72. Put off to later.
75. United States architect (born in China in 1917).
76. A doctor's degree in education.
77. A band worn around or over the head.
78. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
1. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
5. Cosmopolitan genus of ferns.
6. A thin pliable sheet of material.
7. Cause annoyance in.
8. A person who acts and gets things done.
9. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
10. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
11. A town in western Kentucky on the Ohio River.
12. A mutual promise to marry.
13. A fit of shivering.
14. A noisemaker (as at parties or games) that makes a loud noise when you blow through it.
20. English conspirator who claimed that there was a Jesuit plot to assassinate Charles II (1649-1705).
22. Variety of silica containing microcrystalline quartz.
24. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
26. A native or inhabitant of ancient Etruria.
27. Dried bark of the cascara buckthorn used as a laxative.
29. Someone who admits or acknowledges openly and boldly.
30. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
32. A thin morbid discharge as from a wound or especially chronic gonorrhea.
33. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
35. A member of the Shoshonean people of Utah and Colorado and New Mexico.
37. By bad luck.
40. English illustrator of several of Dickens' novels (1815-1882).
44. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
46. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
47. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
49. Seed of a pea plant.
51. United by being of the same opinion.
52. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
54. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
56. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
57. The cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one.
58. Of or relating to Attica or its inhabitants or to the dialect spoken in Athens in classical times.
60. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
61. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
63. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
64. Chief port of Yemen.
67. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
68. Towards the side away from the wind.
70. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
73. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
74. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.