1. Of or relating to near the ear.
5. Lacking fresh air.
12. Apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses.
15. The muscular back part of the shank.
16. Battle in which the ruler of Afghanistan defeated the Mahrattas in 1761.
17. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
18. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
19. Isolated from others.
20. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
21. Obtained from various tropical plants.
22. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
24. Cynipid gall wasps, chiefly affecting oaks.
26. A hard copal derived from an African tree.
28. The exclusive right of a country to control the air traffic within its borders.
29. A chain of more than 200 islands about 400 miles long in the western central Pacific Ocean.
32. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
33. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
36. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
39. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
43. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
44. (Apocrypha) Jewish heroine in one of the books of the Apocrypha.
47. A large number or amount.
49. The event of dying or departure from life.
51. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
52. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
53. Found along western Atlantic coast.
54. Dearly loved.
55. The act of scanning.
57. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
58. (British) A linear measure of 16.5 feet.
59. The residue that remains when something is burned.
63. Any of various long-legged carrion-eating hawks of South and Central America.
67. (India) Usually in combination.
72. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
73. Continuing at full strength or intensity.
76. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
77. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
78. The flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller.
79. A doctor's degree in theology.
80. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
81. Natural nitrogen-containing bases found in plants.
82. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
1. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
2. Capital city of the Piemonte region of northwestern Italy.
3. A native or inhabitant of Iran.
4. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
5. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
6. A state in midwestern United States.
7. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
8. Of a pale purple color.
9. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
10. A bar of sand.
11. Any of a group of natural steroid alcohols derived from plants or animals.
12. Any plant of the genus Erica.
13. A gesture involving the shoulders.
14. A temporary police force.
23. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
25. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
27. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
30. (Welsh) A warrior god.
31. A city in central New York.
34. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
35. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
37. A genus of Sterninae.
38. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
40. American author of inspirational adventure stories for boys.
41. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
42. A grant made by a law court.
45. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
46. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
48. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
50. A mountainous island in eastern Indonesia.
56. Thorny shrub or small tree common in central Argentina having small orange or yellow flowers followed by edible berries.
60. A device (trade name Aqua-Lung) that lets divers breathe under water.
61. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
62. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
64. In bed.
65. Avatar of Vishnu.
66. Framework for holding objects.
68. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
69. A narrow thin strip of wood used as backing for plaster or to make latticework.
70. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
71. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
74. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
75. An adherent of any branch of Taoism.