1. The time during which someone's life continues.
5. The part of the superior limb between the elbow and the wrist.
12. (informal) Roused to anger.
15. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
16. United States writer and social critic (1817-1862).
17. Used of a single unit or thing.
18. Fine ravellings of cotton or linen fibers.
19. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitocin).
20. A period of time spent sleeping.
21. A strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny.
23. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
24. Of the greatest possible degree or extent or intensity.
26. Speaking a Slavic language.
28. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
30. (Old Testament) The fourth son of Jacob who was forebear of one of the tribes of Israel.
31. English writer (1672-1729).
33. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
35. A member of the Dravidian people living in southeastern India.
36. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
39. The right to enter.
43. Being nine more than forty.
45. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
47. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
48. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
50. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
53. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
54. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
55. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
56. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
58. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
59. An electrical device used to introduce reactance into a circuit.
61. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
63. A state in New England.
64. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
66. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
72. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
74. In a gay manner.
76. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
77. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
78. Type and sole genus of the family Albulidae.
80. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
81. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
82. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
83. An inclined surface or roadway that moves traffic from one level to another.
1. (British colloquialism) An excavation.
2. The capital of Western Samoa.
3. A Russian river.
4. A long wooden bench with a back.
5. (computer science) Protocol that allows users to copy files between their local system and any system they can reach on the network.
6. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
7. Relating to or characterized by rotation.
8. Having an irregularly notched or toothed margin as though gnawed.
9. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
10. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
11. Small Asian deer with small antlers and a cry like a bark.
12. French biochemist who (with Francois Jacob) explained how genes are activated and suggested the existence of messenger RNA (1910-1976).
13. Squash bugs.
14. Extent downward or backward or inward.
22. A board game in which players try to move their pieces into their opponent's bases.
25. Flesh of scaleless food fish of the southern United States.
27. Included seven times in every 19 years.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
34. A light touch or stroke.
37. Greek mythology.
38. Singing jazz.
40. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
41. An outburst resembling the discharge of firearms or the release of bombs.
42. Slanderous defamation.
44. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
46. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
49. Marked by excessive self-indulgence and moral decay.
51. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
52. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
57. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
60. A cloth used as a head covering (and veil and shawl) by Muslim and Hindu women.
62. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
65. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
67. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
68. Type genus of the Hylidae.
69. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
70. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
71. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
73. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
75. (Irish) Ancient Irish god (probably a god of the sun).
79. An associate degree in nursing.