1. The compass point that is one point west of due south.
4. A person who eats human flesh.
12. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
15. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
16. Relating to or like or divided into areolae.
17. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. Curved rodlike motile bacterium.
20. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
22. 3rd largest island in the world.
24. Characteristic of a mob.
25. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
26. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
29. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
30. The universal time coordinated time on board the spacecraft.
33. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
39. Of an instrument of certain death.
43. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
44. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
46. Used of a single unit or thing.
47. Less than normal in degree or intensity or amount.
48. (usually followed by `to') Naturally disposed toward.
50. A British abbreviation.
53. Only the bowfins.
56. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
57. A garment (coat or sweater) that has raglan sleeves.
59. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
60. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
61. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
63. A fraudulent business scheme.
66. A port in southern Sweden.
68. Leafless East Indian vine.
72. Offering fun and gaiety.
73. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
75. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
78. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
79. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
80. A great raja.
81. A secret society of white Southerners to resist Black emancipation.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. A lymph node that is inflamed and swollen because of plague or gonorrhea or tuberculosis.
3. Impairment resulting from long use.
4. An underground enclosure with access from the surface of the ground or from the sea v 1.
5. Having a melody (as distinguished from recitative).
6. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
7. Conforming with or constituting a norm or standard or level or type or social norm.
8. An ancient city in Asia Minor that was the site of the Trojan War.
9. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
10. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
11. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
12. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
13. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
14. An award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event.
21. The capital of Morocco.
23. (KNO3) Used especially as a fertilizer and explosive.
27. A liquid solution that results from elution.
28. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
31. Chromatic purity.
32. King of England who was renounced by Northumbria in favor of his brother Edgar (died in 959).
35. Fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and hops.
37. A port city in southwestern Iran.
38. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
40. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
41. Ludicrously odd.
42. A battle in World War II.
45. A city in northwestern Spain near the Cantabrian Mountains.
49. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
51. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
52. A deep bow.
54. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
55. Studies of the formation of basic linguistic units.
58. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
62. God of wealth and love.
64. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
65. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
67. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
69. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
70. Humble in spirit or manner.
71. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
74. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
76. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
77. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.