1. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
5. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
12. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
15. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
16. Stain (furniture) black to make it look like ebony.
17. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
18. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
19. A member of the British order of honor.
20. A flexible container with a single opening.
21. A large fleet.
23. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
24. Lower in esteem.
26. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
27. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Iridaceae.
29. A junction where two things (as paper or film or magnetic tape) have been joined together.
36. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
38. Strike sharply.
39. Upright consisting of a vertical side member of a door or window frame.
42. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
43. A sharply directional antenna.
44. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
46. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
47. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
49. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
50. The capital of Bahrain.
51. Using a pronoun or other pro-word instead of repeating a word.
54. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
55. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
57. Brightest star in Centaurus.
61. By bad luck.
63. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
65. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
69. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
73. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
74. Having or using only one filament.
76. A boy or man.
77. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
78. Partial or complete loss of hearing.
79. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
1. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
2. Little known Kamarupan languages.
3. A large quantity of written matter.
4. A Greek island west of Greece.
5. Corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. The Fate who cuts the thread of life.
8. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
9. Of or relating to the gums.
10. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
11. An isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole.
12. A small cake leavened with yeast.
13. Type genus of the Anatidae.
14. Especially one side of a leaf.
22. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
25. Stopping short and refusing to go on.
28. Abnormal dryness of the conjunctiva and cornea of the eyes.
30. Involving two dimensions.
31. Yellow oval fruit with juicy acidic flesh.
32. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
33. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
34. A syllabic script used in writing Sanskrit and Hindi.
35. Constituting or having to do with or suggestive of a literary epic.
37. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
40. Brake consisting of a combination of interacting parts that work to slow a motor vehicle.
41. Jordan's port.
45. A stock exchange in New York.
48. Moving quickly and lightly.
52. A Bantu language sometimes considered a dialect of Zulu.
53. Of or relating to or located near a hilum.
56. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
58. (Old Testament) The minister of the Persian emperor who hated the Jews and was hanged for plotting to massacre them.
59. Of or relating to or characteristic of Benin or its people.
60. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
62. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
64. A state of irritation or annoyance.
66. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
67. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
68. English monk and scholar (672-735).
70. Water soaked soil.
71. Used of a single unit or thing.
72. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
75. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.