1. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
4. Stock again.
11. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
15. A small piece of cloth.
16. A republic in northwestern South America.
17. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
18. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
19. Someone who walks at a leisurely pace.
21. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
23. Large edible mackerel of temperate United States coastal Atlantic waters.
24. With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
25. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
27. A landlocked mountainous republic in southeast central Asia north of Afghanistan.
29. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
33. The cry made by sheep.
36. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
37. A painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt.
40. part of the peritoneum attached to the stomach and to the colon and covering the intestines.
42. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
43. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
45. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
46. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
47. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
51. An informal term for a father.
53. Relating to or derived from a glacier.
56. The region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis.
58. Having been taken into the mouth for consumption.
59. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
61. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
62. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
64. An early form of modern jazz (originating around 1940).
67. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
70. A hormone secreted by the pancreas.
75. A local computer network for communication between computers.
76. The capital of Eritrea.
79. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
80. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
81. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
83. A notable achievement.
85. A region of Malaysia on northwestern Borneo.
86. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. (informal) Exceptionally good.
2. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
3. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
4. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
5. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
6. (biology) A taxonomic category below a class and above an order.
7. An account describing incidents or events.
8. A European river.
9. French painter of Italian landscapes (1796-1875).
10. A colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
11. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
12. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
13. Strike sharply.
14. Not in action or at work.
20. A Hindu prince or king in India.
22. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
26. A public promotion of some product or service.
28. In bed.
30. A city is east central Sweden north northwest of Stockholm.
31. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
32. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
34. A member of a nomadic Berber people of the Sahara.
35. A town in northern Michigan on an arm of Lake Huron.
38. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
39. A woman of refinement.
41. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
44. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
48. Consistent with or based on or using reason.
50. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
52. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
54. Give over.
55. A three-year law degree.
57. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
60. United States baseball player and manager (1873-1934).
63. A unit of magnetic flux density equal to one weber per square meter.
65. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
66. A genus of Ploceidae.
68. A Loloish language.
69. South African term for `boss'.
71. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
72. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
73. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
74. A quantity of no importance.
77. The month following February and preceding April.
78. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
82. A state in northwestern North America.