1. One millionth of a gram.
4. The pre-Mycenaean civilization on the Cyclades islands in the S Aegean sea.
12. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. The large yellow root of a rutabaga plant used as food.
17. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
18. Not often.
20. Something hard to endure.
21. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
22. American novelist (1909-1955).
23. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
25. Squash bugs.
27. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
29. An island in the southern Mariana Islands that is the administrative center of the United States Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands.
31. Any fern of the genus Davallia.
36. A wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface.
39. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
40. Wear away.
42. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
44. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
45. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
46. A medieval hood of mail suspended from a basinet to protect the head and neck.
48. The sign language used in the United States.
51. Sung or uttered rhythmically in a monotone.
54. Fiddler crabs.
55. A strong emotion.
56. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
57. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
61. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
65. Oblong cream puff.
68. (British) A minicar used as a taxicab.
70. Scandinavian liquor usually flavored with caraway seeds.
74. An oil port in southern Iraq.
75. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
78. Sheet glass cut in shapes for windows or doors.
79. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
80. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
82. (Middle East) Usually small round bread that can open into a pocket for filling.
83. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
84. Extreme mental retardation.
85. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
1. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
2. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
3. A strong wind moving 45-90 knots.
4. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
5. A member of the North American Indian people of Arizona and adjacent Mexico and California.
6. A New England state.
7. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
8. True firs.
9. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
10. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
11. A long brightly colored shawl.
12. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
13. By bad luck.
14. English monk and scholar (672-735).
19. Corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality.
24. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
26. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
28. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
30. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
32. Cause to be embarrassed.
33. Mexican revolutionary leader (1877-1923).
34. A long pointed rod used as a weapon.
35. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
37. Minute blackish gregarious flies destructive to mushrooms and seedlings.
38. A milkshake made with malt powder.
41. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
43. The relative magnitudes of two quantities (usually expressed as a quotient).
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
49. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
50. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
52. An extreme state of adversity.
53. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
58. A Mid-Atlantic state.
59. One million periods per second.
60. Italian brandy made from residue of grapes after pressing.
62. A woody climbing usually tropical plant.
63. A small picture inserted within the bounds or a larger one.
64. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
66. Jordan's port.
67. Being one more than three.
69. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
71. Characteristic of false pride.
72. The basic unit of money in Peru.
73. A bluish shade of green.
76. A loud harsh or strident noise.
77. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
81. The square of a body of any size of type.