1. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
5. Any of several poisonous perennial plants of the genus Apocynum having acrid milky juice and bell-shaped white or pink flowers and a very bitter root.
12. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
15. The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999).
16. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
17. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
18. An angry dispute.
20. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
22. An artistic form of nonverbal communication.
23. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
25. Large slender food and game fish widely distributed in warm seas (especially around Hawaii).
27. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
30. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
31. Made from goats' milk.
34. Of or relating to or containing barium.
38. Lacking companions or companionship.
39. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
41. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
43. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
46. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
47. A fault or defect in a system or machine.
49. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
52. An active volcano in southeastern Colombia in the Andes.
54. Small creeping evergreen shrubs.
56. A man who has been castrated and is incapable of reproduction.
59. Having or provided with a belt.
60. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
63. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
64. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
65. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
66. An uproarious party.
69. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
73. The act of clasping another person in the arms (as in greeting or affection).
76. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
77. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
78. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
79. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
82. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
83. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
84. The character flaw or error of a tragic hero that leads to his downfall.
85. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
1. Suggestive of or tending to moral looseness.
2. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
3. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
4. Curving inward.
5. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
6. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
7. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
8. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
9. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
10. A graphic representation of numerical relations.
11. Half the width of an em.
12. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
13. French filmmaker (1908-1982).
14. German botanist who is generally recognized as founding bacteriology when he recognized bacteria as plants.
19. A toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion.
21. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
24. A ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element.
26. Set down according to a plan.
28. A common Old World wading bird with long red legs.
29. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
32. A very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal).
33. (Sumerian) God of the air and king of the Sumerian gods.
35. Lower in esteem.
36. The agent to whom property involved in a bailment is delivered.
37. Distributed or spread over a considerable extent.
40. A Mid-Atlantic state.
42. Egyptian statesman who (as President of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin of Israel (1918-1981).
44. A very light brown.
45. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
48. Move unsteadily, with a rocking motion.
50. A German art song of the 19th century for voice and piano.
51. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
53. A ray of sunlight.
55. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
57. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
58. Device that heats water or supplies warmth to a room.
61. A town in southwestern Idaho.
62. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
67. Any small rounded protuberance (as on certain plants or animals).
68. Being three more than fifty.
70. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
71. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
72. Starch resembling sago that is obtained from cuckoopint root.
74. The residue that remains when something is burned.
75. An accountant certified by the state.
80. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
81. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.