1. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
4. A crunching noise v 1.
11. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
15. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
16. A relatively flat highland.
17. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
18. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
20. A brass instrument without valves.
21. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
22. A city in southwestern Congo.
24. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
26. An associate degree in nursing.
27. A New England state.
28. A numerical quantity measured or assigned or computed.
30. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
32. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. A large and noisy party of people.
38. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
42. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
43. Affected with or marked by frenzy or mania uncontrolled by reason.
44. Used of syllables.
47. A fragment of brick used as a weapon.
49. A dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
50. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
51. Done or occurring in a brief period of time.
54. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
55. (informal) Of the highest quality.
59. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
61. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
63. Near or relating to the patella or kneecap.
67. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
71. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
72. Any of a class of organic compounds that contain the divalent radical -CONHCO-.
75. Of or relating to alga.
76. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
77. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
79. Provided with artificial light.
80. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
81. A lack of vitality.
82. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
1. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
2. A quantity of no importance.
3. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
4. The complete duration of something.
5. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
6. The capital of Morocco.
7. (Sumerian) Sun god.
8. A desert in southern Israel.
9. Greek coloratura soprano (born in the United States) known for her dramatic intensity in operatic roles (1923-1977).
10. The quality of a color as determined by its dominant wavelength.
11. A clay pipe with a short stem.
12. An elaborate song for solo voice.
13. Perceive sound.
14. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
19. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
23. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
25. Accompanied by a leader or guide.
29. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
31. Fungus used in the preparation of punk for fuses.
33. Related to or located at the back.
35. An oldster in his dotage.
36. Someone who cuts and delivers ice.
37. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
39. Native to Egypt but cultivated widely for its aromatic seeds and the oil from them used medicinally and as a flavoring in cookery.
40. A cigar made with light-colored tobacco.
41. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
45. (Mexican) Ground beef and chili peppers or chili powder often with tomatoes and kidney beans.
46. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
48. Freetail bats.
52. A person active in party politics.
53. An informal term for a father.
56. The fatty flesh of eel.
57. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
58. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
60. A projecting ridge on a mountain or submerged under water.
62. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
64. Chief port of Yemen.
65. Tasting sour like a lemon.
66. A primeval personification of air and breath.
68. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
69. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
70. Of or being the lowest female voice.
73. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
74. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
78. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.