1. An honorary degree in science.
4. A literary language of Chinese Turkestan (named for one of the sons of Genghis Khan).
12. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
15. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
16. Shrubby lichens of the family Usneaceae having a flattened thallus.
17. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. (botany) Of some seeds.
20. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
22. A member of a Bantu people living chiefly in Botswana and western South Africa.
24. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
27. A New York river.
28. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
30. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
32. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
37. Well grounded in logic or truth or having legal force.
39. Singing jazz.
41. The branch of philosophy that analyzes inference.
43. Kitchen appliance used for baking or roasting.
45. Bring to light.
47. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
50. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
51. Ulcerated chilblain on the heel.
52. Relating to the abomasum (the fourth compartment of the stomach of ruminants).
55. Take in solid food.
56. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
57. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
61. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
63. Divulge information or secrets.
67. Sweet liqueur made from wine and brandy flavored with plum or peach or apricot kernels and bitter almonds.
71. An associate degree in applied science.
75. An informal term for a father.
76. A local and habitual twitching especially in the face.
77. On a shore or reef.
78. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
79. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
80. A literary language of Chinese Turkestan (named for one of the sons of Genghis Khan).
81. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
3. The event of dying or departure from life.
4. Tiny lobster-like crustaceans usually boiled briefly.
5. Cause to suffer.
6. Pertaining to or containing any of a group of organic compounds of nitrogen derived from ammonia.
7. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
8. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
9. The periodic rise and fall of the sea level under the gravitational pull of the moon.
10. An associate degree in nursing.
11. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
12. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
13. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
14. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
21. Reveal the true nature of.
23. A republic in northeastern South America on the Atlantic.
25. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
31. A basin for washing the hands (`wash-hand basin' is a British expression).
33. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
34. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
35. A knapsack (usually for a soldier).
36. Common house and field crickets.
38. Dormouse of southern Europe and northern Africa.
40. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
42. Norwegian composer whose work was often inspired by Norwegian folk music (1843-1907).
44. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
46. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
48. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
49. A royal German family that provided rulers for several European states and wore the crown of the Holy Roman Empire from 1440 to 1806.
53. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
54. Stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water.
58. Malevolent aspect of Devi.
59. A port city in southwestern Iran.
60. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
62. A particular environment or walk of life.
64. Set down according to a plan.
65. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
66. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
68. The front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
69. The content of cognition.
70. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
72. British dominion over India (1757-1947).
73. A state of southwestern India.
74. Temporary military shelter.