1. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
4. Be of different opinions.
12. Lacking self-confidence.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
16. The property of being cohesive and sticky.
17. Towards the side away from the wind.
18. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
19. A collection of excerpts from a literary work.
20. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
21. A bar of sand.
23. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
24. Attractiveness to the opposite sex.
26. The emotion of hate.
27. become turned or set on end.
29. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
32. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
33. Relating to or belonging to the Middle Ages.
37. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
39. Being nine more than ninety.
40. The territory of Athens in ancient Greece.
41. Large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of North Africa.
44. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
45. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
48. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
49. Gained or acquired.
51. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
54. Noisy talk.
56. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
58. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
59. A device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.
62. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
64. Fallow deer.
66. Of or pertaining to Sabah or its people.
68. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
70. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
73. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
74. Punish with an arbitrary penalty.
77. Remaining after all deductions.
78. A foghorn that makes a signal consisting of two tones.
80. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
81. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
82. Shrubs and woody climbers mostly of tropical and temperate Old World.
83. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
1. By bad luck.
2. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
3. The act of scanning.
4. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
5. Add ions to.
6. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
7. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
8. Small tropical tree with tiered branches and divaricate branchlets having broad glossy dark green leaves.
9. Directions for making something.
10. Standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian.
11. A garnet ranging in color from yellow to brown.
12. Winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge.
13. The activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose.
14. Not only so, but.
22. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
25. United States playwright (1906-1963).
28. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
30. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
31. An extreme state of adversity.
34. Urgently needed.
35. A dilute solution of acetic acid that is used as a solvent (e.g. for a drug).
36. A city in southern Texas on the Rio Grande.
38. A shaft on which a wheel rotates.
42. An enclosed space.
43. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
46. Lack of strength or vigor esp from illness.
47. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
50. Type genus of the Nepidae.
52. An informal term for a father.
53. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
55. A mythical Greek warrior who was a leader on the Trojan side of the Trojan War.
57. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
60. Large black bird with a straight bill and long wedge-shaped tail.
61. Make less active or intense.
63. Peruvian shrub with small pink to lavender tubular flowers.
65. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (trade names Advil and Motrin and Nuprin) used to relieve the pain of arthritis and as an analgesic and antipyretic.
67. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
69. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
71. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
72. Black honeycreepers with yellow feathers around the tail.
75. Rate of revolution of a motor.
76. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
79. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet.