1. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
4. The rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written).
11. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
15. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
16. West Indian timber tree having very hard wood.
17. Using speech rather than writing.
18. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
19. Devoid of brightness or appeal.
20. A person who is physically weak and ineffectual.
21. By bad luck.
23. Negation of a word or group of words.
24. Resembling a pea plant.
26. A blind god.
29. Armor plate that protects the foot.
32. A man-made object taken as a whole.
36. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
38. Big-eyed scad.
39. (sociology) The conventions that embody the fundamental values of a group.
43. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
44. (computer science) A measure of how densely information is packed on a storage medium.
45. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
47. The cry made by sheep.
49. Revise or reorganize, esp. for the purpose of updating and improving.
51. The speed of an aircraft relative to the air in which it is flying.
53. Something to be imitated.
56. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
57. A French river that flows through the heart of Paris and then northward into the English Channel.
58. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
62. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
65. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
68. A record in which commercial accounts are recorded.
69. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
71. An inquiry into unfamiliar or questionable activities.
72. (informal) Roused to anger.
73. Produced or growing in extreme abundance.
75. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
76. Used of a single unit or thing.
77. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Thailand and Burmese borderlands.
78. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
2. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
3. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
4. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
5. Any of several coarse tall perennial grasses of most warm areas.
6. Spiritually reborn or converted.
7. A flat float (usually made of logs or planks) that can be used for transport or as a platform for swimmers.
8. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
9. (New Testament) One of the three sages from the east who came bearing gifts for the infant Jesus.
10. Take exception to.
11. A person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible.
12. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
13. The quantity a cask will hold.
14. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
22. A painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt.
25. Come into existence.
27. Medical instrument consisting of a magnifying lens and light.
28. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
30. Arctic foxes.
31. A white or colorless mineral (BaSO4).
33. American dramatist (1928- ).
34. Social status or position conferred by a system based on class.
35. A step in walking or running.
37. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
40. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
41. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
42. A member of an American Indian peoples of NE South America and the Lesser Antilles.
46. Small genus of chiefly American herbs.
48. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
50. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
52. The skin that covers the top of the head.
54. A mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving.
55. Recite in elocution.
59. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
60. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
61. A particular environment or walk of life.
63. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
64. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
66. A primeval personification of air and breath.
67. The second largest of the Hawaiian Islands.
70. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
74. A white trivalent metallic element.