1. A light touch or stroke.
4. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
12. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
15. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
16. Of or relating to or characteristic of Egypt or its people or their language.
17. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
18. An unofficial association of people or groups.
20. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
21. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
23. Of the most contemptible kind.
25. Being ten more than eighty.
27. Toward the mouth or oral region.
28. Located farther aft.
29. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
31. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
34. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
38. Any plant of the genus Erica.
41. A very wealthy or powerful businessman.
42. God of wisdom or prophesy.
44. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
45. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
46. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
48. The occurrence of a sudden discharge (as of liquid).
50. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
53. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
54. A state in the western United States.
55. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
57. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
58. The ball-and-socket joint between the head of the femur and the acetabulum.
59. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
62. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
64. The younger brother of Edwy who became king of Northumbria when it renounced Edwy.
67. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
71. Of or relating to or characteristic of India or the East Indies or their peoples or languages or cultures.
74. Region of western Asia Minor colonized by Ancient Greeks.
76. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
77. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
78. The largest city and principal port of New Zealand.
80. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
81. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
82. Made steady or constant.
83. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. Gum resin used especially in treating skin irritation.
4. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
5. An impure form of quartz consisting of banded chalcedony.
6. (Greek mythology) Greek goddess of the night.
7. The highest point of something.
8. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
9. Being one more than two.
10. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
11. Used of a single unit or thing.
12. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
13. Type genus of the Ranidae.
14. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
19. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
22. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
24. A New England state.
26. An accountant certified by the state.
30. A large fleet.
32. Silver-coated candy bead for decorating cakes.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
35. The capital and largest city of Mozambique.
36. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
37. The Teutonic goddess of fertility.
39. Inquire about.
40. A collection of things wrapped or boxed together.
43. A small cake leavened with yeast.
47. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
49. (India) Absolutely first class and genuine.
51. Widely separated especially in space.
52. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
56. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
60. An island of central Hawaii.
61. Liquid excretory product.
63. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
65. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
66. Made from or covered with gold.
68. The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable.
69. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
70. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
72. An associate degree in applied science.
73. Usually large hard-shelled seed.
75. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
79. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.