1. On, to, or at the top.
5. Take to be the case or to be true.
11. Used of physical coldness.
15. Large genus of African trees bearing kola nuts.
16. Dutch physicist honored for his research on the influence of magnetism on radiation which showed that light is radiated by the motion of charged particles in an atom (1865-1943).
17. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
18. A blind god.
19. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
21. Raised above ground level.
23. Transient cessation of respiration.
24. Not ever.
27. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
30. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
34. Relating to the Urdu language.
39. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
40. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
44. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
46. A wealthy man (who made his fortune in the Orient).
48. A Chinese breed of small short-legged dogs with a long silky coat and broad flat muzzle.
49. (Arthurian legend) The most virtuous knight of the Round Table.
51. Someone who has hemophilia and is subject to uncontrollable bleeding.
53. A port and tourist center in southwestern Italy.
56. Convert ordinary language into code.
57. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
60. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
62. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
63. A large fleet.
65. A cock bred and trained for fighting.
70. A local computer network for communication between computers.
71. The largest city and former capital of Turkey.
74. The cry made by sheep.
75. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
76. Moved or conveyed by or through air.
77. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
78. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
79. A great raja.
80. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
1. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
2. An implement used in the practice of a vocation.
3. Of time long past.
4. Characteristic of someone who has risen economically or socially but lacks the social skills appropriate for this new position.
5. An obsolete name for nitrogen.
6. A West African language closely related to Fula.
7. A small hard fruit.
8. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
9. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
10. Half the width of an em.
11. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
12. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
13. United States publisher of magazines (1898-1967).
14. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
20. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
22. The eleventh month of the civil year.
25. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
26. Informal terms for a mother.
28. An ancient city in northern Portugal.
29. God of death.
31. Type genus of the Alcedinidae.
32. Having or resembling a beak.
33. A coterie of undesirable people.
35. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
36. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
37. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
38. A person forced to flee from home or country.
41. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
42. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
43. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
45. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
47. A Russian river.
50. Inability to use or understand language (spoken or written) because of a brain lesion.
52. A genus of evergreen shrub that grows in New Zealand.
54. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
55. Used as an Italian courtesy title.
58. Any of several short-billed Old World rails.
59. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
61. A native-born Israeli.
64. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
66. Tough Asiatic grass whose culms are used for ropes and baskets.
67. A notice of someone's death.
68. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
69. God of love and erotic desire.
72. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
73. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.