1. A young woman making her debut into society.
4. A smouldering fire.
12. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. Low tufted evergreen shrubs of colder parts of north temperate regions having mosslike foliage and nodding white or pink flowers.
17. 10 grams.
18. Formerly a contemptuous term of address to an inferior man or boy.
20. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
21. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
23. The type of environment in which an organism or group normally lives or occurs.
25. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
27. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
28. An infant who is sponsored by an adult (the godparent) at baptism.
30. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
33. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
34. Type genus of the Nepidae.
38. A historical area and former kingdom in northwestern Spain.
39. A French abbot.
42. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
44. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
46. Explosive consisting of a yellow crystalline compound that is a flammable toxic derivative of toluene.
47. Experiencing motion sickness.
50. A midwestern state on the Great Plains.
53. A strong paper or thin cardboard with a smooth light brown finish made from e.g. Manila hemp.
54. Of or relating to or in the manner of Erasmus.
55. Liquorice-flavored usually colorless sweet liqueur made from aniseed.
58. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
59. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
60. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
61. A rounded projection or protuberance.
64. A small motor nerve supplying the lateral rectus muscle of the eye.
69. Inquire about.
72. The cry made by sheep.
73. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
75. Joint capital (with Riyadh) of Saudi Arabia.
76. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
77. Any plant of the genus Bergenia.
79. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
80. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
81. The father of your father or mother.
82. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
2. English essayist (1775-1834).
3. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
4. Singing jazz.
5. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
6. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
7. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
8. Of a pale purple color.
9. An uproarious party.
10. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
11. Cause to move back by force or influence.
12. The sixth month of the civil year.
13. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
14. Look at with amorous intentions.
19. Cause to ripen.
22. A major victory by the Romans over the Macedonians in 168 BC.
24. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
26. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
29. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
31. Of or relating to or characteristic of the prehistoric Aegean civilization.
32. Of or relating to the Gypsies or their language or culture.
35. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
36. A large fan consisting of a frame covered with canvas that is suspended from the ceiling.
37. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
40. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
41. (Roman mythology) Roman god of death.
43. A digestive juice secreted by the liver and stored in the gallbladder.
45. An incidental benefit awarded for certain types of employment (especially if it is regarded as a right).
48. East Indian tree whose leaves are used for fodder.
49. A thin flexible tube inserted into the body to permit introduction or withdrawal of fluids or to keep the passageway open.
51. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
52. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
56. Doctrine of enlightenment as the realization of the oneness of one's self and the visible world.
57. A person who holds a commissioned rank in the United States Navy or Coast Guard.
62. A member of a people who have no permanent home but move about according to the seasons.
63. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
65. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
66. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
67. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
68. Try to manage without help.
70. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
71. God of love and erotic desire.
74. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
78. A state in midwestern United States.