1. Showing or causing joy and pleasure.
5. A fatal disease of sheep characterized by chronic itching and loss of muscular control and progressive degeneration of the central nervous system.
12. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
15. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
16. The apparent surface of the imaginary sphere on which celestial bodies appear to be projected.
17. A tight-fitting headdress.
18. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
20. `Father' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially Roman or Orthodox Catholic).
21. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
22. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
23. The cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one.
25. A formal expression of praise.
27. A genus of herbs and shrubs belonging to the family Euphorbiaceae.
29. A radioactive transuranic element.
30. A woman of refinement.
31. Any of various plants of the genus Saxifraga.
36. A city in northwestern Syria.
40. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
45. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
46. A short sleep (usually not in bed).
49. Of or relating to the island of Sumatra or its inhabitants.
52. Any monosaccharide sugar containing four atoms of carbon per molecule.
54. A unit of power equal to 746 watts.
55. Small dark geese that breed in the north and migrate southward.
56. Sticking fast n.
58. Type genus of the Hirundinidae.
60. Being one more than one.
61. A state in midwestern United States.
62. Armor plate that protects the chest.
63. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
67. A variety of bridge in which tricks made in excess of the contract are scored toward game.
71. Indian tree having fragrant nocturnal white flowers and yielding a reddish wood used for planking.
73. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
75. God of the Underworld.
76. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
77. A person being ordained.
80. Apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses.
81. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
82. Display excessive cordiality (towards).
83. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
1. Understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something.
2. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
3. Gone by.
4. A disease of plants characterized by the gradual dying of the young shoots starting at the tips and progressing to the larger branches.
5. Bony flesh of herring-like fish usually caught during their migration to fresh water for spawning.
6. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
7. Deeply moved.
8. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
9. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
10. An encroachment or intrusion.
11. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
12. The skin that covers the top of the head.
13. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
14. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
19. A popular vacation spot in the Canadian Rockies.
24. (classical architecture) A molding for a cornice.
26. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
28. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
32. Having an owner.
33. Artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers.
34. Excessively fat.
35. 16 ounces.
37. Italian film actress (born in 1934).
38. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
39. (British) An abbreviation of pantomime.
42. The residue that remains when something is burned.
43. A metric unit of length equal to 100 meters.
44. Artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers.
47. Alloy of copper and tin and zinc.
48. A sandal attached to the foot by a thong over the toes.
50. A state of violent disturbance and disorder (as in politics or social conditions generally).
51. Worthy of trust or belief.
53. A town in north central Oklahoma.
57. A landlocked mountainous republic in southeast central Asia north of Afghanistan.
59. Large herbivorous tropical American arboreal lizards with a spiny crest along the back.
64. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
65. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
66. A city in northern India.
68. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
69. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
70. Chevrotain somewhat larger than the kanchil.
72. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners).
74. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
78. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
79. A person forced to flee from home or country.