1. A federally chartered savings bank.
4. Cassava with long tuberous edible roots and soft brittle stems.
12. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
15. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
16. Someone who unlawfully seizes and detains a victim (usually for ransom).
17. A Nilotic language.
18. Having concealed difficulty.
20. A person with myopia.
21. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
22. A genus of Indriidae.
25. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
29. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
30. (botany) Having or relating to spikes.
33. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
34. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
35. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
39. Being eight more than sixty.
41. Supported or established by evidence or proof.
44. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
45. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
48. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
49. Commonly the lowest molding at the base of a column.
50. Spanish missionary who founded Franciscan missions in California (1713-1784).
51. A small nail.
52. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
55. A member of the Algonquian people formerly living the Hudson valley and eastward to the Housatonic.
63. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
66. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
68. An accountant certified by the state.
72. Being two more than fifty.
73. An accidental happening.
74. A large group of islands in the south Pacific including Melanesia and Micronesia and Polynesia (and sometimes Australasia and the Malay Archipelago).
75. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
76. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
77. A city in central Myanmar north of Rangoon.
78. A unit of pressure.
1. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
2. Speaking a Slavic language.
3. A wine bottle made of leather.
4. The lean flesh of a saltwater fish found it warm waters (especially Hawaii).
5. Make amends for.
6. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
7. Slow to learn or understand.
8. Devoid of warmth and cordiality.
9. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
10. Lying in the same plane.
11. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
12. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
13. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
14. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
19. Colloquial British abbreviation.
23. German naturalist whose speculations that plants and animals are made up of tiny living `infusoria' led to the cell theory (1779-1851).
24. A flexible container with a single opening.
26. A way of access consisting of a set of steps.
27. A sweet filling made of prunes or apricots.
28. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
31. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
32. (trademark) An alloy of iron and nickel having a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
37. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
38. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
40. Conducive to peace.
42. Artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers.
43. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
46. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
47. A son who has the same first name as his father.
53. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
54. Informal terms for a mother.
56. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
57. A large number or amount.
58. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
59. Formerly included in genus Cedrela.
60. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
61. True firs.
62. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
64. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
65. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
67. A city in northwestern Syria.
69. (computer science) Memory whose contents can be accessed and read but cannot be changed.
70. A writing implement with a point from which ink flows.
71. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.