1. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
5. Lacking a rim or frame.
12. A bachelor's degree in theology.
15. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
16. United States feminist who founded a national organization for women (born in 1921).
17. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
18. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
19. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
21. Being of the age 13 through 19.
23. Not easy.
24. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
25. Transient cessation of respiration.
27. United States comic actor in silent films.
28. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
31. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
34. Not seeking or given to association.
38. (nautical) Fitted or equipped with necessary rigging (sails and shrouds and stays etc).
40. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
41. Inquire about.
43. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
44. Plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals.
46. Young sheep.
48. Any of various units of capacity.
49. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
50. A siren of German legend who lured boatmen in the Rhine to destruction.
53. Inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence.
54. A quantity of no importance.
56. A coterie of undesirable people.
57. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
58. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
60. Chief port of Yemen.
65. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
69. A literary language of Chinese Turkestan (named for one of the sons of Genghis Khan).
73. The month following February and preceding April.
74. Someone who communicates high praise.
77. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
78. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
79. Showing respect for the rights or opinions or practices of others.
80. An accidental happening.
1. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
2. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
3. A French abbot.
4. Wild llama.
5. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
6. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
7. (Old Testament) The guardian archangel of the Jews.
8. A Russian river.
9. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
10. Gear for a horse.
11. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
12. A step in walking or running.
13. A blind god.
14. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
20. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living around Cayuga Lake in New York state.
22. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
26. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
29. (New Testament) Disciple of Jesus.
32. A member of a Caucasoid Muslim people of northern Africa.
33. Medium-sized penguins occurring in large colonies on the Adelie coast of Antarctica.
35. Flat rectangular plate (a piece of glass) on which specimens can be mounted for microscopic study.
36. A land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by water.
37. Jordan's port.
39. The vertical triangular wall between the sloping ends of gable roof.
42. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
45. A short stretch of railroad track used to store rolling stock or enable trains on the same line to pass.
47. Make secure by lashing.
51. Look at with amorous intentions.
52. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
55. The residue that remains when something is burned.
59. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
61. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
62. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
63. A heavy long-handled hammer used to drive stakes or wedges.
64. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
66. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
67. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
68. Uttering in an irritated tone.
70. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
71. An adherent of any branch of Taoism.
72. The products of human creativity.
75. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
76. In operation or operational.