1. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
4. Illusory auditory perception of strange nonverbal sounds.
11. A fricative sound (especially as an expression of disapproval).
15. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
16. A stiff protective garment worn by hockey players or a catcher in baseball to protect the shins.
17. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
18. The smallest multiple that is exactly divisible by every member of a set of numbers.
19. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
20. A fragment broken off from the edge or face of stone or ore and having at least one thin edge.
21. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
23. Israeli statesman (born in Russia) (1898-1978).
24. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
25. English playwright (1929-1994).
29. A member of the Algonquian people of Maine and southern Quebec.
31. Torn down and broken up.
33. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
34. A whistling sound when breathing (usually heard on inspiration).
39. Emit a cry intended to attract other animals.
42. Napoleon defeated the Russians in a pitched battle at Borodino in 1812, but irreparably weakened his army.
43. Bleeding into the interior chamber of the eye.
45. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
46. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
47. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
48. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
52. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
54. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
57. (India) Absolutely first class and genuine.
58. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
62. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
69. The content of cognition.
70. (anatomy) Opposite to or away from the mouth.
73. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
74. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
75. A transmission from Earth to a spacecraft or the path of such a transmission.
76. A notable achievement.
77. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
78. A drink made of beer and lemonade.
79. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Disabled in the feet or legs.
2. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
3. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
4. Inquire about.
5. A soft suede leather formerly from the sheep of the chamois antelope but now from sheepskin.
6. A worker who oils engines or machinery.
7. Remove the pins from.
8. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
9. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
10. A public promotion of some product or service.
11. The cardinal number that is the sum of six and one.
12. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
13. East Indian tree yielding a resin used medicinally and burned as incense.
14. Perennial of southern Europe cultivated for forage and for its nectar-rich pink flowers that make it an important honey crop.
22. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
26. A radioactive transuranic element.
27. Islands in the Atlantic Ocean belonging to Portugal.
28. Large edible mackerel of temperate United States coastal Atlantic waters.
30. Any of several compounds of barium.
32. (Philippine) A dish of marinated vegetables and meat or fish.
35. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
36. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
37. The sound of knocking (as on a door or in an engine or bearing).
38. Soft suede glove leather from goatskin.
40. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
41. A police officer who investigates crimes.
44. (Greek mythology) The king of Sparta at the time of the Trojan War.
49. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
50. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
51. A state of Uganda and site of a former Bantu kingdom.
53. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
55. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
56. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
59. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
60. Any of various organs that synthesize substances needed by the body and release it through ducts or directly into the bloodstream.
61. Of great size and bulk.
63. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
64. Of a quality, as in.
65. A facial expression characterized by turning up the corners of the mouth.
66. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
67. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
68. A quantity of no importance.
71. Enlarged prostate.
72. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.