1. A linear unit (1/6 inch) used in printing.
5. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
12. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
15. The sixth month of the civil year.
16. Of or relating to Aram or to its inhabitants or their culture or their language.
17. Used of a single unit or thing.
18. A military officer appointed from enlisted personnel.
20. Small and light boat.
21. A woman religious.
22. Considerate and solicitous care.
23. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
24. European freshwater game fish with a thick spindle-shaped body.
26. Any plant of the genus Episcia.
29. (of snakes and eels) Naturally footless.
31. (botany) Of or relating to or resembling a calyx.
33. The money risked on a gamble.
34. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
35. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
38. African mahogany trees.
42. A port in southern Sweden.
44. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
46. (used of persons or the military) Characterized by having or bearing arms.
47. Fish-eating bird of warm inland waters having a long flexible neck and slender sharp-pointed bill.
49. Austrian chemist who did research on carotenoids and vitamins (1900-1967).
51. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
52. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
53. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
56. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
60. Morally bad or wrong.
61. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
63. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
65. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
69. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
71. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
73. (biology) Shed at an early stage of development.
74. A large mountain system in south-central Europe.
78. A short erect tail.
79. An strong upward air current.
81. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
82. The emotion of hate.
83. High level of respect gained by impressive development or achievement.
84. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The noise made by a short puff of steam (as from an engine).
2. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
3. A notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat.
4. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
5. A loose shirt or tunic.
6. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
7. Formed like a bacillus.
8. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
9. A list of dishes available at a restaurant.
10. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
11. Used of a single unit or thing.
12. A gland in which gametes (sex cells) are produced.
13. Frogs, toads, tree toads.
14. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
19. The 15th letter of the Greek alphabet.
25. A blind god.
27. Of or relating to pyemia.
28. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
30. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
32. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
37. Deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning).
39. Type genus of the Amiidae.
40. Not only so, but.
41. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
43. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
45. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
48. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
50. Violent and needless disturbance.
54. An island in Antigua and Barbuda.
55. Bottle that has a narrow neck.
57. A member of the dominant Hindu military caste in northern India.
58. A light touch or stroke.
59. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
62. Overly eager speed (and possible carelessness).
64. Remote and separate physically or socially.
66. Botswanan statesman who was the first president of Botswana (1921-1980).
67. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
68. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
70. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
72. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
75. Type genus of the Muridae.
76. Select as an alternative.
77. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
80. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.