1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. A meter that measures the flow of electrical current in amperes.
11. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
15. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
16. Much-branched subshrub with silvery leaves and small white flowers of Texas and northern Mexico.
17. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
18. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
20. Status with respect to the relations between people or groups.
21. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
22. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
25. An island off southern Alaska in the Gulf of Alaska.
28. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
31. Valuable timber tree of New Zealand yielding hard reddish wood used for furniture and bridges and wharves.
33. The provision of money temporarily (usually at interest).
35. An outer garment that has sleeves and covers the body from shoulder down.
36. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
40. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
43. A person who mutilates or destroys or disfigures or cripples.
45. French philosopher who was a leading figure of the Enlightenment in France.
48. British informal term.
49. Ox of southeast Asia sometimes considered a domesticated breed of the gaur.
53. Half the width of an em.
54. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
56. German mathematician (1804-1851).
59. Chief port of Yemen.
60. A hereditary ruler.
64. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
67. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
69. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
70. (informal) Of the highest quality.
71. (Hinduism or Buddhism) A sacred word or syllable repeated in prayer or meditation.
74. So scary as to cause chills and shudders.
75. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
76. A large wardrobe or cabinet.
78. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
79. The fatty flesh of eel.
80. Provide commentary for a film, for example.
81. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
2. An informal term for a father.
3. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
4. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
5. The 12th letter of the Greek alphabet.
6. New Zealand conifer.
7. A protective cloth covering for an injured eye.
8. Large brightly crested bird of Africa.
9. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
10. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
11. A walled city in southeastern China on the Gan Jiang.
12. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
13. A flowering shrub bearing currants or gooseberries.
14. Any taillike structure.
19. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
23. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
24. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
26. A Russian river.
27. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
29. A member of one of the four divisions of the prehistoric Greeks.
30. A person whose head is bald.
32. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
34. A cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt.
37. Type genus of the family Ulvaceae.
38. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
39. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
41. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
42. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
44. A state in southeastern United States.
46. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
47. Free-swimming mostly freshwater flatworms.
50. A mechanism in a firearm that ejects the empty shell case after firing.
51. A connecting point at which several lines come together.
52. (British) A minicar used as a taxicab.
55. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
57. Minor or subordinate.
58. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
61. Squash bugs.
62. Of inferior or mixed breed.
63. Long-tailed arboreal mustelid of Central and South America.
65. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
66. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
68. A small narrow pointed missile that is thrown or shot.
72. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
73. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
77. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.