1. Colloquial British abbreviation.
5. Having lips or parts that resemble lips.
12. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
15. The 8th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
16. Relating to or like or divided into areolae.
17. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
18. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
19. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
20. Disposed of as useless.
22. Out of fashion.
23. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
24. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
25. Closed with a lace.
27. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
28. An actor who communicates entirely by gesture and facial expression.
31. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
33. Tranquilizer (trade name Ativan) used to treat anxiety and tension and insomnia.
35. The cry made by sheep.
38. A doctor's degree in theology.
39. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
43. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
45. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
47. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
49. Having only superficial plausibility.
50. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
51. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
53. Plant bearing very hot and finely tapering long peppers.
55. Testacean rhizopods.
57. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
58. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
67. City in northeast Pakistan.
69. United States neoclassical architect (1847-1909).
71. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
72. French revolutionary who was prominent in the early days of the French Revolution (1749-1791).
75. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
76. The cause or intention underlying an action or situation esp in the phrase "the whys and wherefores".
77. A sheath for a sword or dagger or bayonet.
78. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
1. A boy or man.
2. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
3. A genus of Strigidae.
4. The third month of the civil year.
5. A popular tourist area in northwestern England including England's largest lake and highest mountain.
6. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
7. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
8. Filled with a great quantity.
9. A Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy.
10. Unknown god.
11. Rod-shaped motile bacteria that attack plants.
12. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
13. Someone who consumes food for nourishment.
14. A particular environment or walk of life.
21. A port city in southwestern Iran.
26. A public promotion of some product or service.
29. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
30. The middle of the day.
32. Relating to the abomasum (the fourth compartment of the stomach of ruminants).
34. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
36. Lower in esteem.
37. Genus of East Indian trees or shrubs.
40. Formerly the chief magistrate in the republics of Venice and Genoa.
41. Relating to or containing acetic acid.
42. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
44. With rapid movements.
46. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
48. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
52. Of or relating to or containing barium.
54. A state in southeastern United States.
56. Sacred writings of Orthodox Judaism.
59. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
60. (used with singular count nouns) Colloquial for `not a' or `not one' or `never a'.
61. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
62. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
63. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
64. The content of cognition.
65. A native American tent.
66. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
68. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
70. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
73. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
74. A colorless and odorless inert gas.