1. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
4. A parliamentary democracy on the island of Barbados.
12. Metal or earthenware cooking vessel that is usually round and deep.
15. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
16. Consider as ideal.
17. The capital and largest city of Japan.
18. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
19. An alkaloid medicine (trade name Kavrin) obtained from opium.
20. Strong and sharp.
22. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
25. Located at or near the back of an animal.
26. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
27. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
30. A relation that provides the foundation for something.
33. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
34. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
37. By bad luck.
41. Cause annoyance in.
42. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
43. Sexually transmitted urethritis (usually caused by chlamydia).
45. A unit of pressure.
46. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
48. The doctrine that reality consists of a single basic substance or element.
51. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
52. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
54. (informal) Exceptionally good.
55. A Loloish language.
57. A public promotion of some product or service.
58. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
60. A severe or trying experience.
63. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
65. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
66. A city in southeastern South Korea.
68. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
71. A doctor's degree in music.
74. Submit or yield to another's wish or opinion.
76. Administer an oil or ointment to.
78. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
79. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
80. A naturally occurring weak estrogenic hormone secreted by the mammalian ovary.
82. (informal) Roused to anger.
83. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
84. Having a sunken area.
85. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. An island northwest of Wales.
4. Originally a British youth subculture that evolved out of the teddy boys in the 1960s.
5. The sixth month of the civil year.
6. Editing that involves writing something again.
7. Found along western Atlantic coast.
8. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
9. A loud harsh or strident noise.
10. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
11. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
12. The ripened and variously modified walls of a plant ovary.
13. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
14. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
21. A repetitive song in which as many syllables as necessary are assigned to a single tone v 1.
23. The amount a salary is increased.
24. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
28. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
29. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
31. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
32. Income (at invoice values) received for goods and services over some given period of time.
35. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
36. Situated at an apex.
38. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
39. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
40. Type genus of the Suidae.
44. (computer science) A rule stating that the quality of the output is a function of the quality of the input.
47. Someone who attacks in search of booty.
49. Mountain goats.
50. A woman of refinement.
53. A boat with a flat bottom for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals).
56. Preaching the gospel of Christ in the manner of the early church.
59. (informal) Of the highest quality.
61. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
62. Foul with waste matter.
64. The time of life between the ages of 12 and 20.
67. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
69. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
70. Wild plum of northeastern United States having dark purple fruits with yellow flesh.
72. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
73. An informal term for a father.
75. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
77. Late time of life.
81. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.