1. A vertical spar for supporting sails.
5. Numbered or proceeding by tens.
12. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
15. The content of cognition.
16. An inference that if things agree in some respects they probably agree in others.
17. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
18. A coloring material (obtained from lichens) that turns red in acid solutions and blue in alkaline solutions.
19. United States photographer remembered for her portraits of rural workers during the Depression (1895-1965).
20. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
21. Largest known toad species.
24. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
26. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
29. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
31. A lightweight triangular scarf worn by a woman.
35. (of a substance) Capable of being dissolved in some solvent (usually water).
39. Wild goose having white adult plumage.
40. Before noon.
41. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
42. A small canoe consisting of a light frame made watertight with animal skins.
45. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. (British) Somewhat hungry.
50. A flock of geese.
52. New World lizards.
53. Of or relating to studies beyond a bachelor's degree.
55. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
56. Being nine more than ninety.
58. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
59. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
60. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
62. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
65. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
67. An island of central Hawaii.
69. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
70. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
73. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
75. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
78. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
79. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
80. (law) The party who makes an assignment.
82. A light touch or stroke.
83. Free from liquid or moisture.
84. The Italian region on the island of Sardinia.
85. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The capital of Lombardy in northern Italy.
2. A river in northern Italy that flows southeast into the Adriatic Sea.
3. A port town on the Atlantic coast of Portugal southeast of Lisbon.
4. Small toothless anteater with prehensile tale and four-clawed forelimbs.
5. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
6. Half the width of an em.
7. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
8. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
9. An island northwest of Wales.
10. (informal British usage) Aggravation or aggression.
11. A strong solution of sodium or potassium hydroxide.
12. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
13. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
14. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
22. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
23. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
25. The basic unit of money in Gambia.
27. A radioactive transuranic element.
30. A coral reef off the southern coast of Florida.
32. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
33. A healthy state of wellbeing free from disease.
34. Unwind from or as if from a reel.
36. The ending of a series or sequence.
37. Russian pancake of buckwheat flour and yeast.
38. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
47. A three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides.
48. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
49. A port in northwestern Israel on the Bay of Acre.
51. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
54. Resembling a sound of violent tearing as of something ripped apart or lightning splitting a tree.
57. Mostly small blennioid fishes of coral reefs and seagrass beds.
61. Squash bugs.
63. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
64. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
66. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
68. By bad luck.
71. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
72. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
74. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
76. How long something has existed.
77. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
81. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.