1. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
4. Small order of macroscopic fresh and brackish water algae with a distinct axis.
12. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners).
15. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
16. The semantic relation that holds between a whole and its parts.
17. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
18. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
19. A person who repeats.
20. Not reflecting light.
21. Any unsaturated aliphatic hydrocarbon.
23. The wife or widow of a czar.
25. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
27. Cosmopolitan genus of trees and shrubs having odd-pinnate leaves and showy flowers.
30. Emotionally hardened.
33. Take away the weapons from.
35. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
36. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
37. The month following August and preceding October.
38. A package of several things tied together for carrying or storing.
41. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
43. A woody climbing usually tropical plant.
46. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
47. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
49. Have supper.
50. A manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language.
51. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
53. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
54. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
56. Urban areas in New England and Middle West characterized by concentrations of declining industries (steel or textiles).
59. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
60. A farewell remark.
61. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
64. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
67. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
71. (New Testament) Day of the Last Judgment when God will decree the fates of all men according to the good and evil of their earthly lives.
74. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
75. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
76. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
79. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
80. A master's degree in education.
81. Genus of widely distributed agarics that have white spores and are poisonous with few exceptions.
82. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
1. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
2. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
3. Make amends for.
4. A consecrated ointment consisting of a mixture of oil and balsam.
5. One of the Aesir having a strong and beautiful body but a dull mind.
6. A town in northern Michigan on an arm of Lake Huron.
7. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
8. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
9. English writer of historical romances (1803-1873).
10. An anticonvulsant drug (trade names Emeside and Zarontin) used to treat petit mal epilepsy.
11. A city in central New York.
12. Guinea fowl.
13. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
14. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
22. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
24. Read anew.
26. Capital of Vanuatu.
28. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
29. A proteolytic enzyme obtained from the unripe papaya.
31. Of or relating to the palm of the hand or to the area at the base of the thumb.
32. First in order of birth.
34. A three-tone Chadic language.
39. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
40. Intentional deception resulting in injury to another person.
42. A journey in a vehicle driven by someone else.
44. A military officer appointed from enlisted personnel.
45. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
48. Razor clams.
52. A small nail.
55. An ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty.
57. 100 toea equal 1 kina.
58. A bachelor's degree in architecture.
62. (nautical) Situated at or toward the bow of a vessel.
63. Taking place over public roads.
65. An informal term for a father.
66. The 16th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
68. Not at all or in no way.
69. An Asian river between China and Russia.
70. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
72. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
73. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
77. Being one more than one hundred.
78. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.