1. (sports) The chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play.
4. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
12. Explosive consisting of a yellow crystalline compound that is a flammable toxic derivative of toluene.
15. The act of using.
16. Make love.
17. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
18. Necrotic tissue.
20. (Greek mythology) The goddess of the hearth and its fire in ancient mythology.
22. Elaborately or excessively ornamented.
24. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
25. Challenge the honesty or credibility of.
26. A woman's large folded hooped hood.
28. Soft decayed area in a tooth.
30. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
32. An associate degree in nursing.
33. A sedimentary rock formed by the deposition of successive layers of clay.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
43. Selected as the best.
45. God of death.
46. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
47. A woman sahib.
48. A flexible container with a single opening.
49. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
51. The sixth month of the civil year.
53. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
54. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
57. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
61. The sacred city of Lamaism.
65. A ceremonial procession including people marching.
67. Eel-shaped vertebrate without jaws or paired appendages including the cyclostomes and some extinct forms.
70. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
71. (Sumerian and Akkadian) A demon personifying death.
74. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
75. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
76. Type and genus of the Isoetaceae and sole extant genus of the order Isoetales.
77. (computer science) Memory whose contents can be accessed and read but cannot be changed.
78. The dynasty that ruled much of Manchuria and northeastern China from 947 to 1125.
79. Ridge-like ingrowth of the exoskeleton of an arthropod that supports internal organs and provides attachment points for muscles.
80. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
1. (anatomy) A fold or wrinkle or crease.
2. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
3. (Norse mythology) An enormous wolf that was fathered by Loki and that killed Odin.
4. A harsh noise made by scraping.
5. A woman poet.
6. Transient cessation of respiration.
7. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
8. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
9. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
10. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
11. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
12. Brightly colored tropical freshwater fishes.
13. Sole genus of the family Naiadaceae.
14. Worthless material that is discarded.
19. A zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere between Taurus and Cancer on the ecliptic.
21. A deep bow.
23. The cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100.
27. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
29. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
31. Of an instrument of certain death.
34. Lap that forms a cloth border doubled back and stitched down v 1.
35. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
38. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
39. A feeling of intense anger.
41. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
42. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
44. A genus of Mustelidae.
50. Water buffalo of the Philippines.
52. (informal) Very tired.
55. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
56. The square of a body of any size of type.
58. (grammar) An expression including a subject and predicate but not constituting a complete sentence.
59. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
60. Marked by features of the immediate and usually discounted past.
62. A broken piece of a brittle artifact.
63. Gallery where works of art can be displayed.
64. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
66. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
68. A door-like movable barrier in a fence or wall.
69. A recurring sleep state during which rapid eye movements do not occur and dreaming does not occur.
72. Of southern Europe.
73. The sound made by a cow or bull.