1. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
4. Someone who takes spoils or plunder (as in war).
12. A graphical record of electric currents associated with muscle contractions.
15. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
16. A cyclotron that accelerates protons up to several billion electron volts.
17. (Irish) The sea personified.
18. Income (at invoice values) received for goods and services over some given period of time.
19. At a specific prior time.
21. In favor of (an action or proposal etc.).
25. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. A major European river carrying more traffic than any other river in the world.
28. A small unit serving as the nucleus of a larger political movement.
29. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
31. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
32. One of the green parts that form the calyx of a flower.
34. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
37. Necessary foods or commodities.
41. A port city in western South Korea on the Yellow Sea.
44. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
45. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
46. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
47. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
51. An iconic mental representation.
53. Not in action or at work.
54. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
55. A native or inhabitant of Rio de Janeiro.
58. A dicot family of the order Urticales including.
60. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
61. A Russian river.
62. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
63. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
65. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
69. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
73. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
75. Former usage synonymous with Antedon.
78. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
79. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
80. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
81. Being one more than six.
82. The cry made by sheep.
83. A large estate in Spanish-speaking countries.
84. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
2. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
3. Divided into two lobes.
4. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
5. That is to say.
6. Being five more than fifty.
7. Made of grated potato and egg with a little flour.
8. The doctrine or belief that there is no God.
9. English Catholic novelist (1904-1991).
10. The longest division of geological time.
11. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
12. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
13. (Norse mythology) Giant who lives in the roots of Yggdrasil and guards the well of wisdom.
14. A state of sanctification by God.
20. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
22. Small space in a tissue or part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing.
23. The short weak cry of a young bird.
24. Singing jazz.
26. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
30. An internal representation of the world.
33. A note appended to a letter after the signature.
35. Broad-winged soaring hawks.
36. A member of the Shoshonean people of northeastern Arizona.
38. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
39. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
40. Become ground down or deteriorate.
42. A medium for oil-paints.
43. Round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games.
48. A learner who is enrolled in an educational institution.
49. Snake mackerels.
50. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
52. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
56. A member of a North American Indian people living around the mouth of the Colorado river.
57. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
59. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
64. A small cake leavened with yeast.
66. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
67. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
68. Pain that feels hot as if it were on fire.
70. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
71. A sudden short attack.
72. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
74. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
76. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
77. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.