1. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
4. A move or step or maneuver in political or diplomatic affairs.
12. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
15. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
16. Conjoining contradictory terms (as in `deafening silence').
17. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
18. Any of various small insectivorous American birds chiefly olive-gray in color.
20. Brought from wildness into a domesticated state.
22. In a subordinate position.
24. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
25. (British) A disparaging term for an appointee.
28. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
31. Being in competition.
32. A secret store of valuables or money.
36. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
38. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
40. A Loloish language.
41. (Norse mythology) The heavenly dwelling of the Norse gods (the Aesir) and slain war heroes.
43. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
45. A quantity that is added.
46. The cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100.
48. Ornamented in a vulgar or showy fashion.
50. Adult female chicken.
51. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
52. In bed.
53. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
54. Capable of having having clear evidence of eliminated without trace.
57. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
59. A doctor's degree in religion.
60. Type genus of the Meliaceae.
61. Tag the base runner to get him out.
63. Title used for a married Frenchwoman.
66. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
71. A drama set to music.
74. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
75. Russian physicist (1895-1971).
77. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
78. A system of weights used for precious metals and gemstones.
79. Talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
80. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
1. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
2. Type genus of the Amiidae.
3. Brought into existence.
4. An unpleasant or disastrous destiny.
5. (combining form) Former.
6. Marine bivalve mollusk having a dark elongated shell.
7. Red Asian weaverbirds often kept as cage birds.
8. (computer science) Memory whose contents can be accessed and read but cannot be changed.
9. Supply with battlements.
10. An open box attached to a long pole handle.
11. Half the width of an em.
12. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
13. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
14. An endorsement.
19. Having few if any teeth.
21. United States anthropologist (born in England) who popularized anthropology (1905- ).
23. The month following March and preceding May.
26. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
27. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
29. A man who is aggressive in making amorous advances to women.
30. An island in the Aegean Sea in the Saronic Gulf.
33. Jordan's port.
34. A protective covering or structure.
35. Having or involving the use of hands.
37. Tuberous or rhizomatous herbaceous perennials.
39. Any of many long-legged birds that wade in water in search of food.
42. Dip a foot or hand briefly into a liquid.
44. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
49. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
55. Unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech.
56. Imperial moths.
58. The peninsula and island in the Philippines where Japanese forces besieged American forces in World War II.
62. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
64. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
65. A visual presentation showing how something works.
67. Trailing grass native to Europe now cosmopolitan in warm regions.
68. Male red deer.
69. Large semi-evergreen tree of East India.
70. Great merriment.
72. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
73. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
76. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.