1. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
4. Siberian peasant monk who was religious advisor in the court of Nicholas II.
12. A byproduct of inflammation.
15. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
16. A complex mental state involving beliefs and feelings and values and dispositions to act in certain ways.
17. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
18. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
19. Someone who cuts or beautifies hair.
20. A major European river carrying more traffic than any other river in the world.
22. A state in south central United States.
24. Not clearly understood or expressed.
25. A Mid-Atlantic state.
26. Someone skilled in the use of a rifle.
28. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
30. Any character from an ancient Germanic alphabet used in Scandinavia from the 3rd century to the Middle Ages.
32. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
33. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
37. Have an ambitious plan or a lofty goal.
42. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
43. Characterized by speed.
44. Indicated by necessary connotation though not expressed directly.
45. A port in southern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea.
46. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
47. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
48. A great waterfall on the border between Brazil and Paraguay.
50. An obsolete firearm with a long barrel.
54. Covered with an awning.
56. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
57. Fish-eating bird of warm inland waters having a long flexible neck and slender sharp-pointed bill.
59. Cancel, annul, or reverse an action or its effect.
61. A circumscribed inflammatory and often suppurating lesion on the skin or an internal mucous surface resulting in necrosis of tissue.
63. Be going to.
66. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
70. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
71. The highest level or degree attainable.
74. Of or relating to Iran or its people or language or culture.
76. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
77. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
79. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
80. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
81. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
82. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
1. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
2. North American yellow-breasted songbirds.
3. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
4. Imprudently incurring risk.
5. A professional person authorized to practice law.
6. A situation in golf where an opponent's ball blocks the line between your ball and the hole.
7. Rice cooked in well-seasoned broth with onions or celery and usually poultry or game or shellfish and sometimes tomatoes.
8. A member of the Shoshonean people of Utah and Colorado and New Mexico.
9. Widely cultivated tropical plant of India having yellow flowers and a large aromatic deep yellow rhizome.
10. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
11. Emperor of Rome who introduced a degree of freedom after the repressive reign of Domitian.
12. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
13. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
14. Cornbread often made without milk or eggs and baked or fried (Southern).
21. A Loloish language.
23. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
27. Evil or harmful in nature or influence.
29. The act of detecting something.
31. Goddess of fate.
34. Sign jointly.
35. Made tough by habitual exposure.
36. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Reticulum and Pictor.
38. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
39. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
40. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
41. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
49. (zoology) Relating to frogs and toads.
51. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
52. Release from a clasp.
53. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
55. A language of Australian aborigines.
58. A state in midwestern United States.
60. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
62. A member of an American Indian peoples of NE South America and the Lesser Antilles.
64. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
65. The capital of Switzerland.
67. Prepare for a military confrontation.
68. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
69. Type genus of the Anatidae.
72. An accountant certified by the state.
73. The month following February and preceding April.
75. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
78. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.