1. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
5. Large black diving duck of northern parts of the northern hemisphere.
11. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
15. The content of cognition.
16. (botany) Having a usually flat-topped flower cluster in which the main and branch stems each end in a flower that opens before those below it or to its side.
17. Armor plate that protects the chest.
18. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
19. A military trainee (as at a military academy).
20. Any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids.
21. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
23. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
25. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
26. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
30. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
33. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
37. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
40. United States comedian and actor in silent films noted for his acrobatic skills and deadpan face (1895-1966).
41. An avalanche volcanic water and mud down the slopes of a volcano.
42. Largest known toad species.
45. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
46. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
47. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
50. New Zealand conifer.
52. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
53. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
59. A narcotic drug that contains opium or an opium derivative.
66. Informal terms for a mother.
70. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
71. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
73. The habitation of wild animals.
74. God of love and erotic desire.
75. A cooler darker spot appearing periodically on the surface of the sun.
76. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
1. The basic unit of money on Malta.
2. The sixth month of the civil year.
3. The compass point that is one point east of southeast.
4. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
5. A white trivalent metallic element.
6. Any tropical gymnosperm of the order Cycadales.
7. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
8. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
9. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
10. Thinking again about a choice previously made.
11. A loose cloak with a hood.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. A holding device attached to a workbench.
14. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
22. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
24. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
27. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
29. Used in former classifications to include all ratite bird orders.
31. A small skullcap.
32. Be compatible or in accordance with.
34. Short and fat.
35. (Roman Catholic Church) A devotion consisting of prayers on nine consecutive days.
36. Widely distributed low-growing Eurasian herb having narrow leaves and inconspicuous green flowers.
38. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
39. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
43. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
44. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
48. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
49. A temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to.
51. An accountant certified by the state.
54. Footwear usually with wooden soles.
55. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
56. The compass point that is one point north of due west.
57. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
58. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
60. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
61. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
62. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
63. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
64. Type genus of the Gliridae.
65. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
67. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
68. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
69. (Sumerian) Sun god.
72. A metric unit of length equal to 100 meters.