1. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
5. Charge falsely or with malicious intent.
12. The residue that remains when something is burned.
15. The sixth month of the civil year.
16. Sensationalist journalism.
17. A member of the Dravidian people living in southeastern India.
18. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
19. (of animal tails or ears) Cut short.
21. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
24. Any thick messy substance.
25. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
29. Animal food for browsing or grazing.
32. Panic grass.
36. The act of scanning.
39. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
40. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
44. The academic world.
46. The largest city and principal port of New Zealand.
48. A canoe made by hollowing out and shaping a large log.
49. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
50. A Nilotic language.
51. King of England who was renounced by Northumbria in favor of his brother Edgar (died in 959).
54. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
55. Half the width of an em.
56. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
59. Having the polar diameter greater than the equatorial diameter.
65. Washing out a hollow organ (especially the stomach) by flushing with water.
68. (Norse mythology) Trickster.
69. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
72. Joyful religious song celebrating the birth of Christ.
73. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
74. Open to change.
76. Neither warm or very cold.
77. (informal) Exceptionally good.
78. The sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate.
79. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
1. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
2. A European river.
3. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
4. Relating to or associated with Arabia or its people.
5. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
6. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
7. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
8. The twelfth month of the civil year.
9. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
10. (law) A courtroom conference between the lawyers and the judge in a trial that is held out of the jury's hearing.
11. The capital and largest city of Japan.
12. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
13. A city in northeastern Egypt at the head of the Gulf of Suez and at the southern end of the Suez Canal.
14. The dressed skin of an animal (especially a large animal).
20. Relating to or resembling a cone.
22. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
23. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
26. 1/10 gram.
27. On or outside the dura mater.
28. In operation or operational.
30. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
31. A short sleeveless outer tunic emblazoned with a coat of arms.
33. A brittle aromatic resin used in varnishes.
34. (Greek mythology) God of the heavens.
35. A battle in which the Danes defeated the East Saxons in 991.
37. American novelist (1909-1955).
38. A frame of iron bars to hold a fire.
41. An island in the Aegean Sea in the Saronic Gulf.
42. Marked by excessive complacency or self-satisfaction.
43. Kidney disease characterized by enlarged kidneys containing many cysts.
45. Fastening by dowels.
47. (astronomy) An indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels.
52. A bachelor's degree in religion.
53. (of tempo) Very fast and lively adv.
57. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
58. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
60. A deep prolonged loud noise.
61. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
62. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
63. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
64. A fabric made by knitting.
66. Any thick messy substance.
67. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
70. Make amends for.
71. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
75. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).