1. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
4. Caught as if in a mesh.
12. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
15. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
16. Tubular pasta in short ribbed pieces.
17. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
18. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
20. Someone unpleasantly strange or eccentric.
21. The cry made by sheep.
22. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
23. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
25. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
27. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
29. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
32. Regional and archaic.
34. The income arising from land or other property.
38. (Spanish) Sweetened red wine and orange or lemon juice with soda water.
40. Of or relating to or supporting Islamism.
41. A state in east central United States.
42. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
44. An expression of greeting.
45. The basic unit of money in Ethiopia.
46. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
47. A nation's ruler or head of state usually by hereditary right.
52. Be overly critical.
55. Type genus of the Anatidae.
56. Relating to or included in the zodiac.
59. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
60. Chief port of Yemen.
61. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
65. Included seven times in every 19 years.
68. Developed or executed with care and in minute detail.
71. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
74. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
75. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
76. The event of being born.
79. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
80. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
81. Be earlier in time.
82. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. An intensive care unit designed with special equipment to care for premature or low-birth-weight or seriously ill newborn.
2. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
3. An Irish girl.
4. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
5. Sturdy annual of Peru.
6. 1/1000 gram.
7. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
8. United States film actress (born in 1949).
9. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
10. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
11. Type genus of the Dipsacaceae.
12. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
13. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
14. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
19. A fee charged for the use of pipes.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. Weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat.
28. A person who delivers a speech or oration.
30. A soft yellowish-white trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
31. Relating to or characteristic of Homer or his age or the works attributed to him.
33. A small flag used by surveyors or soldiers to mark a position.
35. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
36. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
37. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
39. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
43. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
48. A town in southwestern British Columbia on Vancouver Island west of Vancouver.
49. A line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage.
50. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
51. An open box attached to a long pole handle.
53. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
54. A cloth having a crisscross design.
57. A Mid-Atlantic state.
58. In truth (often tends to intensify).
62. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
63. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
64. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
66. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
67. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
69. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
70. Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence.
72. Standard time in the 8th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 120th meridian west.
73. Water frozen in the solid state.
77. An associate degree in nursing.
78. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.