1. Endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys.
5. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
12. Standard time in the 7th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 105th meridian west.
15. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
16. To gain with effort.
17. A transuranic element.
18. Sell (something) again after having bought it.
20. Vacuum flask that holds liquid air or helium for scientific experiments.
21. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
22. Be a signal for or a symptom of.
24. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
26. Typical geese.
28. Characteristic of a mob.
30. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
33. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
35. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
37. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
41. Follower of Rastafarianism.
44. A Loloish language.
45. The cry made by sheep.
46. The act of escaping physically.
51. A B vitamin essential for the normal function of the nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract.
52. An enclosed armored military vehicle.
54. Employed in accomplishing something.
55. A discussion intended to produce an agreement.
57. Showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair.
60. (Norse mythology) A huge ash tree whose roots and branches hold the earth and heaven and hell together.
65. (Greek mythology) The winged goddess of the dawn in ancient mythology.
68. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
69. Plaything consisting of a container filled with toys and candy.
71. Soreness and warmth caused by friction.
72. An accountant certified by the state.
73. Presence of abnormal amounts of uric acid salts in the blood.
75. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
76. God of the earth.
77. Chosen in preference to another.
78. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
1. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
2. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
3. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
4. A surgical instrument used to remove sections of bone from the skull.
5. The basic unit of money in Gambia.
6. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
7. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
8. Step on it.
9. A person who investigates and reports or edits news stories.
10. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
11. An organism especially a bacterium that requires air or free oxygen for life.
12. True mosses.
13. Marked by quiet and caution and secrecy.
14. The subject matter of a conversation or discussion.
19. A Russian river.
23. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
25. A musical notation written on a staff indicating the pitch of the notes following it.
27. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
29. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
31. Inability to walk.
32. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
36. A large fleet.
38. Lower in esteem.
39. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
40. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
42. A worker who fastens things by tacking them down.
43. Type genus of the Apidae.
47. Half the width of an em.
48. (especially of plants) Developed without chlorophyll by being deprived of light.
49. Not imagined even in a dream.
50. A mischievous sprite of English folklore.
53. Knock unconscious or senseless.
56. Of or in or relating to the nose.
58. A crime syndicate in the United States.
59. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
61. An expression of open-mouthed astonishment.
62. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
63. A constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near Octans.
64. A title of address formerly used for a man of rank and authority.
66. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
67. Measuring instrument for indicating speed of rotation.
70. A police officer who investigates crimes.
74. That is to say.