1. The month following September and preceding November.
4. A game played with young children.
12. A flexible container with a single opening.
15. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
16. A short moral story (often with animal characters).
17. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
18. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
19. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
20. Be in accord.
22. Climbing garden plant having fragrant pastel-colored flowers.
24. English monk and scholar (672-735).
25. Being two more than fifty.
26. Expresses conditionality or possibility.
28. An event resulting in great loss and misfortune.
32. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
35. One of the often brightly colored and branching hornlike structures on the back of the nudibranch (and other related mollusks) that serve as gills.
36. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
39. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
41. A German man.
43. Of greater importance or stature or rank.
44. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
45. Evergreen tree of eastern Asia and Philippines having large leathery leaves and small green-white flowers in compact cymes.
47. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
48. Vacuum flask that holds liquid air or helium for scientific experiments.
51. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
53. Any of several Orthodox Jewish sects who reject modern secular culture and many of whom do not recognize the spiritual authority of the modern state of Israel.
55. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
57. A large fleet.
61. Material used to daub walls.
65. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
69. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
73. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
74. Characterized by extravagance and profusion.
76. Step on it.
77. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
78. Not having a stem.
79. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
1. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
2. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
3. An instance or single occasion for some event.
4. A pair of adhesive patches worn to cover the nipples of exotic dancers and striptease performers.
5. Any of numerous venomous fanged snakes of warmer parts of both hemispheres.
6. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
7. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. A landlocked republic in south-central Africa that became independent from British control in the 1960s.
10. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
11. A Japanese supervisor.
12. Having the head uncovered.
13. In bed.
14. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
21. Small genus of Eurasian herbs.
23. British composer (1857-1934).
27. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
29. Female ruff v 1.
30. A mark to indicate a direction or relation.
31. A sharply directional antenna.
33. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
34. Xerophytic evergreen shrubs.
37. Marked by features of the immediate and usually discounted past.
38. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
40. A genus of Platalea.
42. A public promotion of some product or service.
46. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
49. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
50. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
52. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
54. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
56. Being one more than one.
58. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
59. Ritual hand movement in Hindu religious dancing.
60. A telegram sent abroad.
62. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
63. Starch resembling sago that is obtained from cuckoopint root.
64. A telephone connection.
66. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
67. Type genus of the Amiidae.
68. One thousandth of a second.
70. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
71. Separated into parts or laid open or penetrated with a sharp edge or instrument.
72. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
75. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.