1. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
5. Revelry in drinking.
12. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
15. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
16. Genus of New Zealand mat-forming herbs or subshrubs.
17. A group of Niger-Congo languages spoken primarily in southeastern Mali and northern Ghana.
18. Lacking zest or vivacity.
20. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
22. An isogram connecting points having equal barometric pressure at a given time.
23. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
25. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
26. (British) An abbreviation of pantomime.
28. A city in Uganda on the north shore of Lake Victoria.
29. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.
31. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
32. A lyric poet.
36. A small two-wheeled cart for one passenger.
40. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
42. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
43. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
44. A very large person.
47. Genus of hardy perennials with palmately lobed leaves and long racemes of small nodding five-petaled flowers.
49. A long-acting crystalline barbiturate (trade name Mebaral) used as a sedative and as an anticonvulsant in the treatment of epilepsy.
50. A mountain peak in south central Sri Lanka (7,360 feet high).
52. Advance evidence for.
53. Generator consisting of a coil (the armature) that rotates between the poles of an electromagnet (the field magnet) causing a current to flow in the armature.
55. The capital and largest city of Niger.
56. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
59. A unit of traffic intensity in a telephone system.
61. Sediment that has settled at the bottom of a liquid.
63. A sudden short attack.
64. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
68. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
71. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
72. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
73. Large arboreal boa of tropical South America.
76. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
77. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
78. A great raja.
79. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
2. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
3. Greek author of fables (circa 620-560 BC).
4. Salt pork from the back of a hog carcass.
5. Variety of silica containing microcrystalline quartz.
6. An associate degree in applied science.
7. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
8. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
9. Of or involving the uterus.
10. An earth color containing ferric oxides.
11. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
12. Largest known toad species.
13. A modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure.
14. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
19. A local computer network for communication between computers.
21. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
24. Slightly open.
27. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
30. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
33. A natural cavity or hollow in a bone.
34. Lace again.
35. A small round piece of linen place under a dish or bowl.
37. Stem of plants of the Gramineae.
38. Reflecting light.
39. Pertaining to or concerned with the humanities.
41. Tallow mixed with oil.
45. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
46. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
48. A lake in northwestern Russia north of St. Petersburg.
51. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
54. A person who delivers a speech or oration.
57. Liquid excretory product.
58. Either of two muscles in the shoulder region that move the shoulders and arms.
60. A woody climbing usually tropical plant.
62. A fraudulent business scheme.
65. Set down according to a plan.
66. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
67. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
69. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
70. The cry made by sheep.
74. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
75. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.