1. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
4. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
11. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. The unwanted discharge of a fluid from some container.
17. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
18. Leaves of the tobacco plant dried and prepared for smoking or ingestion.
20. Sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Mohammed during his life at Mecca and Medina.
21. A number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance).
22. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
24. Florentine painter who gave up the stiff Byzantine style and developed a more naturalistic style.
26. Singing jazz.
29. A flat tortilla with various fillings piled on it.
36. Small space in a tissue or part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing.
37. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
38. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
39. The peers of a kingdom considered as a group.
41. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
44. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
45. The cry made by sheep.
46. A bluish discoloration of the skin and mucous membranes.
48. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
50. The countries of (originally) Europe and (now including) North and South America.
51. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
54. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
55. An informal term for a father.
57. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
59. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
62. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
63. A mathematical element that when added to another number yields the same number.
66. Having a woven pattern.
69. A severe or trying experience.
71. A sea nymph (part woman and part bird) supposed to lure sailors to destruction on the rocks where the nymphs lived.
73. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
74. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
75. German biologist who was one of the founders of modern genetics.
77. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
78. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
79. Moths whose larvae are corn borers.
80. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
3. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
4. One of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread.
5. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
6. A member of the Siouan people of the northern Mississippi valley.
7. A visual representation of an object or scene or person produced on a surface.
8. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
10. Of or relating to or characteristic of Bengal or its people.
11. A town on Long Island in New York.
12. Partially carbonized vegetable matter saturated with water.
13. United States playwright who collaborated with George S. Kaufman (1904-1961).
14. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
19. A multiple star with 6 components.
23. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
25. Being one more than two.
27. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
28. A basic polypeptide antibiotic (trade name Viocin) administered intramuscularly (along with other drugs) in the treatment of tuberculosis.
30. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
31. The largest island of Denmark and the site of Copenhagen.
32. A person or animal that is adopted by a team or other group as a symbolic figure.
33. Lower in esteem.
34. Put in the mind of someone.
35. Marked by spirited enjoyment.
40. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
42. Black tropical American cuckoo.
43. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
47. A mishap.
49. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
52. American painter who did portraits of Paul Revere and John Hancock before fleeing to England to avoid the American Revolution (1738-1815).
53. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
56. A wall hanging of heavy handwoven fabric with pictorial designs.
58. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
60. Any plant of the genus Canna having large sheathing leaves and clusters of large showy flowers.
61. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
64. Make a raucous noise.
65. Tall New Zealand timber tree.
67. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
68. God of love and erotic desire.
70. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
72. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
76. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.