1. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
4. Locked in by ice.
12. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
15. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
16. Any of numerous trees of the genus Albizia.
17. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
18. Small porch or set of steps at the front entrance of a house.
20. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
22. A crisp bread of fine white flour.
24. Strike sharply.
26. The emotion of hate.
27. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
29. Jordan's port.
31. Small carnivorous nocturnal marsupials of Australia and Tasmania.
34. Used at the dining table.
38. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
39. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
40. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
42. The thin serous membrane around the lungs and inner walls of the chest.
43. Any competition.
46. A small cake leavened with yeast.
48. Liveliness and energy.
49. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
52. Spend time badly or unwisely.
55. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
58. Goods carried by a large vehicle.
59. A white or colorless mineral (BaSO4).
62. Any shrub or small tree of the genus Styrax having fragrant bell-shaped flowers that hang below the dark green foliage.
64. Ctenophore having tentacles only in the immature stage.
66. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
67. An ancient city in Asia Minor that was the site of the Trojan War.
68. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
72. High quality grape brandy distilled in the Cognac district of France.
76. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
78. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
79. A toilet in England.
80. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
82. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
83. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
84. A large estate in Spanish-speaking countries.
85. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
1. A fricative sound (especially as an expression of disapproval).
2. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
3. United States clockmaker who introduced mass production (1785-1859).
4. (Greek mythology) The Titan who was father of Atlas and Epimetheus and Prometheus in ancient mythology.
5. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
6. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
7. Cheat somebody out of what is due, especially money.
8. A chronic disease of the nose characterized by a foul-smelling nasal discharge and atrophy of nasal structures.
9. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
10. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
11. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
12. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
13. Channel into a new direction.
14. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
19. Any of several complex proteins that are produced by cells and act as catalysts in specific biochemical reactions.
21. A feudal lord or baron in Scotland.
23. (Irish) The sea personified.
25. The vast grassy plains of northern Argentina.
28. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
30. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
32. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
33. A light touch or stroke.
35. Of surpassing excellence.
36. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
37. A dog small and tame enough to be held in the lap.
41. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
44. Someone who drives a taxi for a living.
45. The sepals of a flower collectively forming the outer floral envelope or layer of the perianth enclosing a developing bud.
47. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
50. God of death.
51. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
53. Singing jazz.
54. Not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam.
56. A nobleman (in various countries) of varying rank.
57. Freshwater fish of Central America having a long swordlike tail.
60. A party of people assembled in the evening (usually at a private house).
61. Used of decomposing oils or fats.
63. A group of soldiers.
65. An archaic term for a boundary.
69. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
70. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
71. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
73. A state of southwestern India.
74. The residue that remains when something is burned.
75. An accountant certified by the state.
77. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
81. A radioactive element of the actinide series.