1. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
5. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
12. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
15. Type genus of the Apidae.
16. Martial music with variations.
17. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
18. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
19. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
20. Very dark black.
22. Indian nun and missionary (born in Albania) dedicated to helping the poor in India (1910-1997).
24. Of or relating to chaetae (setae or bristles).
26. United States artist whose work reflected social and political themes (1898-1969).
28. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
30. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
31. A sudden very loud noise.
35. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
39. Small arctic whale the male having a long spiral ivory tusk.
41. A common venereal disease caused by the Treponema pallidum spirochete.
42. Muslim name for God.
44. A tube in which a body fluid circulates.
45. (of tempo) Fast n 1.
46. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
47. Thin and fit.
49. A shaped mass of baked bread.
50. Found along western Atlantic coast.
53. Lie adjacent to another.
54. The products of human creativity.
56. Abnormal dryness of the conjunctiva and cornea of the eyes.
59. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
60. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
69. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
70. Large genus of Australian evergreen shrubs or small trees with large daisylike flowers.
73. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
74. A cruel wicked and inhuman person.
75. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
76. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
77. Lacking excess flesh.
78. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
79. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
1. (of molten metal or glass) Formed by pouring or pressing into a mold n 1.
2. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
3. A flowering shrub bearing currants or gooseberries.
4. The fourth month of the Hindu calendar.
5. Being or given to servile imitation.
6. The capital of Lombardy in northern Italy.
7. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
8. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
9. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
10. Being nine more than ninety.
11. Weedy annual grass often occurs in grainfields and other cultivated land.
12. A blemish made by dirt.
13. Type genus of the Ranidae.
14. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
21. An area of sand sloping down to the water of a sea or lake.
23. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
25. A blind god.
27. Antihistamine (trade name Benadryl) used to treat allergic reactions involving the nasal passages (hay fever) and also to treat motion sickness.
29. United States composer and music critic (1885-1966).
32. A basin for washing the hands (`wash-hand basin' is a British expression).
33. An automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger.
34. The basic unit of money in Spain.
36. A single splash.
37. A professional cook.
38. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
40. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
43. (anatomy) A somewhat rounded subdivision of a bodily organ or part.
48. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
51. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
52. Of or befitting or characteristic of a wife.
55. The 4th largest of Jupiter's satellites.
57. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
58. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
61. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
62. A genus of Mustelidae.
63. (Scottish) A narrow secluded valley (in the mountains).
64. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
65. A small cake leavened with yeast.
66. A black colloidal substance consisting wholly or principally of amorphous carbon and used to make pigments and ink.
67. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
68. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
71. The capital and largest city of Japan.
72. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.