1. An accidental happening.
4. Compulsively or physiologically dependent on something habit-forming.
12. A manner of performance.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. A Welsh terrier first bred in Sealyham (Wales).
17. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
18. The dead body of an animal especially one slaughtered and dressed for food.
20. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
22. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
23. A compound in which the hydrogen atoms of a hydrocarbon have been replaced by bromine and other halogen atoms.
25. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
26. Soviet gymnast (born in 1955).
28. Knowledge gained through tradition or anecdote.
29. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
30. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
31. A disposition to remain inactive or inert.
33. Wild and domestic cattle.
36. Make difficult to perceive by sight.
37. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
40. Port city in northwest Portugal.
43. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
44. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
45. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
46. Somewhat arid.
49. An intricate traditional dance in India performed by professional dancing girls.
51. Ceramic ware made from clay and baked in a kiln.
52. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
53. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
54. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
56. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
58. Express strong disapproval of.
62. A flat cake of thin batter fried on both sides on a griddle.
67. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
68. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
70. Deliberately arranged for effect.
71. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
74. Any loose flowing garment.
75. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
76. The Magadhan language spoken by the Assamese people.
77. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
78. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
79. An industrial town in north central Alabama.
80. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation.
2. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
3. A manicurist who trims the fingernails.
4. Wild ginger.
5. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
6. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
7. Being nine more than forty.
8. (meteorology) Of or relating to or characteristic of the atmosphere around a low pressure center.
9. A proposition deducible from basic postulates.
10. Someone who earn wages in return for their labor.
11. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
12. The part of a missile or torpedo that carries the explosive charge.
13. (zoology) Pertaining to or characteristic of birds.
14. A cruel and brutal fellow.
19. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
21. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
24. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
27. A city in central Tanzania.
32. Structure forming the transverse part of a cruciform church.
34. German industrialist who was the first in Germany to use an assembly line in manufacturing automobiles (1871-1948).
35. Leafless East Indian vine.
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
39. A demon who swallows the sun causing eclipses.
41. Joint capital (with Mecca) of Saudi Arabia located in the central oasis.
42. (Scot) A leather strap for punishing children.
47. Inflexibly entrenched and unchangeable.
48. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
50. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
55. Filled with fear or apprehension.
57. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
59. The ending of a series or sequence.
60. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
61. Small shrubby African tree having compound leaves and racemes of small fragrant green flowers.
63. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
64. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
65. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
66. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
69. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
72. A flexible container with a single opening.
73. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.