1. Tear or be torn violently.
5. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
12. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
15. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
16. Tropical American aroid having edible tubers that are cooked and eaten like yams or potatoes.
17. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
18. Widely cultivated plant having a large fleshy edible white or yellow root.
19. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
20. A toilet in England.
21. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
22. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
24. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
26. In the recent past.
29. Adroitness in using the hands.
32. Used of a single unit or thing.
33. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
34. An expression of greeting.
37. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
41. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
43. An antibiotic (trade name Azactam) used against severe infections.
45. A city in western Germany.
47. Type genus of the Lacertidae.
48. Wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology.
49. A drawing illustrating the relations between certain quantities plotted with reference to a set of axes.
51. Being one more than two.
52. A doctor's degree in religion.
55. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
60. A device (trade name Aqua-Lung) that lets divers breathe under water.
63. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
65. An area in Germany around the upper Elbe river.
69. A genus of Malayan tree.
72. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
73. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
74. Harsh criticism or disapproval.
76. Money in the form of bills or coins.
77. The cry made by sheep.
78. A line of text serving to indicate what the passage below it is about.
79. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
1. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
2. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
3. A standard or model or pattern regarded as typical.
4. A mountain in south central Alaska.
5. Showing empathy or ready comprehension of others' states.
6. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
7. The twelfth month of the civil year.
8. In a gay manner.
9. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
10. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
11. An ancient country is southwestern Asia on the east coast of the Mediterranean.
12. A system of solmization using the solfa syllables.
13. (botany) Relating to a plant of the family Araceae.
14. Acting as substitute for another.
23. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
25. The wool of a sheep or similar animal.
27. The ninth month of the Hindu calendar.
28. Brittle flat bread eaten at Passover.
30. No longer active or practicing.
31. Eliminate from the body.
35. An African river that flows northwest into Lake Chad.
36. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
38. (nautical) Of an anchor.
39. French composer noted for his experimentalism and rejection of romanticism (1866-1925).
40. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
42. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
44. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
46. 1/10 gram.
50. An associate degree in applied science.
53. Turn pale, as if in fear.
54. Someone who operates a barge.
56. A city of southeastern Mexico.
57. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
58. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
59. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
61. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
62. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
64. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
66. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
67. A structure in which animals lay eggs or give birth to their young.
68. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
70. A user interface based on graphics (icons and pictures and menus) instead of text.
71. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
75. A state in north central United States.