1. Leafless East Indian vine.
5. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
12. Give a nickname to.
15. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
16. Tropical genus of small trees or shrubs.
17. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
18. Anything that provides inspiration for later work.
19. A fierce or audacious person.
20. In a manner differing from the usual or expected.
21. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
23. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
24. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
25. Do something that one considers to be below one's dignity.
27. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
30. Indonesian statesman who seized power from Sukarno in 1967 (born in 1921).
33. (Old Testament) Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau.
37. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
38. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
40. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
41. Lacking excess flesh.
42. Type genus of the Clupeidae.
44. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
47. A town in Hawaii on the island of Hawaii.
48. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
51. A decree that prohibits something.
52. Divisible by two.
53. An associate degree in nursing.
54. Agile long-tailed nocturnal African lemur with dense woolly fur and large eyes and ears.
57. The third canonical hour.
59. The basic monetary unit in many countries.
61. Before noon.
62. Half the width of an em.
63. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
64. A public promotion of some product or service.
66. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
69. A tie in tennis or table tennis that requires winning two successive points to win the game.
72. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
75. 3rd largest island in the world.
77. A disreputable vagrant.
79. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
80. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
81. Widely distributed family of carnivorous percoid fishes having a large air bladder used to produce sound.
83. A light touch or stroke.
84. 10 grams.
85. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
86. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Powdery starch from certain sago palms.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
4. A large fleet.
5. A proportion multiplied by 100.
6. Any plant of the genus Eryngium.
7. (Mesopotamia) God of agriculture and earth.
8. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
9. Anterior portion of the brain consisting of two hemispheres.
10. The eleventh month of the civil year.
11. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
12. An informal term for a father.
13. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
14. Common Indian weaverbird.
22. Common black European thrush.
26. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
28. The basic unit of money in Albania.
29. Steering mechanism for a vessel.
31. Live so as to annul some previous behavior.
32. A haulage contractor.
34. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
35. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
36. A fictitious name used when the person performs a particular social role.
39. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
43. Someone who procures customers for whores (in England they call a pimp a ponce).
45. A small cake leavened with yeast.
46. The syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization.
49. Not fed.
50. Local anemia in a given body part sometimes resulting from vasoconstriction or thrombosis or embolism.
55. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
56. (informal) Exceptionally good.
58. Entangle or catch in in or as if in a mesh.
60. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
65. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
67. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
68. The phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid.
70. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
71. Having the slant of a bevel.
73. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
74. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
76. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
78. A unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 foot/sec/sec to a mass of 1 pound.
82. That is to say.