1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. A major school of Buddhism teaching social concern and universal salvation.
12. A proportion multiplied by 100.
15. The fatty flesh of eel.
16. A band of cloth or leather or metal links attached to a wristwatch and wrapped around the wrist.
17. A strong emotion.
18. An enclosed space.
19. Of or relating to the teeth.
20. A sharp hooked claw especially on a bird of prey.
22. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
24. A public promotion of some product or service.
25. The habit of being tidy.
27. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. A stopping.
30. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.
32. A small cake leavened with yeast.
34. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
35. Gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise.
37. Relatively nontoxic South African herb smoked like tobacco.
39. Small winged insect living on the bark and leaves of trees and feeding on e.g. fungi and decaying plant matter.
43. A constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near Octans.
45. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
47. A quantity of no importance.
48. Archaebacteria requiring a salt-rich environment for growth and survival.
52. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
53. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
54. The cry made by sheep.
56. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
57. Large Old World bat of warm and tropical regions that feeds on fruit.
61. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
62. Molten rock in the earth's crust.
63. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
66. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
68. One who hates or loathes.
72. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
75. Owing or owed feudal allegiance and service.
76. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
80. Being one more than seven.
81. The sixth day of the week.
82. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
83. At a previous time.
1. (heraldry) An ordinary consisting of a broad horizontal band across a shield.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
4. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
5. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
6. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
7. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
8. In the manner of William Butler Yeats.
9. Large genus of perennial and biennial pungent bulbous plants.
10. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
11. Atlas moth.
12. Low-growing tropical perennials grown for their stingless foliage.
13. Extending or lying across.
14. In or of a state of physical or nervous tension.
21. Any woodland plant of the genus Anemone grown for its beautiful flowers and whorls of dissected leaves.
23. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
26. Hanging cloth used as a blind.
28. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
31. A fee charged for the use of pipes.
33. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
36. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
38. Offering fun and gaiety.
40. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
41. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
42. An artistic form of nonverbal communication.
44. Affecting or characteristic of the body as opposed to the mind or spirit.
46. Relating to or located near a tibia.
49. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
50. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
51. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
55. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
58. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
59. Before noon.
60. (linguistics) Relating to the dative case.
64. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
65. Mother goddess.
67. (often followed by `for') Ardently or excessively desirous.
69. A person who is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another.
70. Armor plate that protects the chest.
71. An investment trust that owns and manages a pool of commercial properties and mortgages and other real estate asssets.
73. Liveliness and energy.
74. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
77. An informal term for a father.
78. An associate degree in nursing.
79. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.