1. The younger of two major political parties in the United States.
4. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Lodine).
12. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
15. The act of using.
16. Small genus of Old World ferns.
17. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
18. One millionth of a gram.
19. Rock star and drummer for the Beatles (born in 1940).
20. Jordan's port.
22. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
24. A United States unit of weight equivalent to 2000 pounds.
25. Converted totally or partly into ions.
26. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
28. Sewing that repairs a worn or torn place in a garment.
29. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
30. A stringed instrument usually having six strings.
35. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
37. A fictitious name used when the person performs a particular social role.
39. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
41. United States author (born 1932).
43. A person who descends down a nearly vertical face by using a doubled rope that is wrapped around the body and attached to some high point.
46. A fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services.
47. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
49. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
50. The basic monetary unit in many countries.
53. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
56. A refuge from attack.
59. A port city in southwestern Iran.
61. A sloping edge on a cutting tool.
62. Any of various small biting flies.
63. Antihistamine (trade name Dimetane) used to treat hypersensitivity reactions (as rhinitis).
66. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
70. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
71. Sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment.
74. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
75. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
76. Characterized by hard work and perseverance.
78. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
79. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
80. A great raja.
81. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
1. Any of various fine-grained silty soils that become waxy and very sticky mud when saturated with water.
2. An annual award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for achievements in motion picture production and performance.
3. A prosthesis that replaces a missing leg.
4. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
5. Of the nature of or undergoing an experiment.
6. Thick cushion used as a seat.
7. The official residence of a dean.
8. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
9. Long-winged web-footed aquatic bird of the gull family.
10. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
11. Thorny shrub or small tree common in central Argentina having small orange or yellow flowers followed by edible berries.
12. Squash bugs.
13. A French abbot.
14. Having been read.
21. The capital and largest city of Rwanda.
23. An island of Hawaii northwest of Oahu.
27. A couple who both have careers and no children.
31. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
32. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
33. A white secretion of the sebaceous glands of the foreskin.
34. A native of ancient Troy.
36. A drama set to music.
38. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
40. A Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy.
42. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
44. A partially opened flower.
45. The square of a body of any size of type.
48. Low tree ferns with large fronds.
51. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
52. 100 chetrums equal 1 ngultrum.
54. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
55. An Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar.
57. A chronic disease of the nose characterized by a foul-smelling nasal discharge and atrophy of nasal structures.
58. The linear extent in space from one end to the other.
60. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
64. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
65. A female domestic.
67. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
68. United States composer noted for his innovative use of polytonality (1874-1954).
69. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
72. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
73. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
77. A Mid-Atlantic state on the Atlantic.