1. Cut off from a whole.
4. American gurnard.
12. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. An imaginary place of great wealth and opportunity.
17. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
18. Joint capital (with Riyadh) of Saudi Arabia.
20. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
21. Showing the wearing effects of overwork or care or suffering.
23. German mystic and theosophist who founded modern theosophy.
24. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
26. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
28. Capital of modern Macedonia.
30. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
33. The inner and thicker of the two bones of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
35. Wood of a sumac.
39. The act of paying money.
41. Squash bugs.
42. A United Nations agency to promote trade by increasing the exchange stability of the major currencies.
43. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
44. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
47. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
48. Prevent from being included or considered or accepted.
50. Goddess of dawn.
54. A French marshal who distinguished himself in the War of the Austrian Succession (1696-1750).
55. (Japanese) Rice (with raw fish) wrapped in seaweed.
56. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
57. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
59. A large number or amount.
61. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
62. A dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
65. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
67. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
69. Affected manners intended to impress others.
72. Bottle that has a narrow neck.
75. The Fate who spins the thread of life.
76. A genus of Ploceidae.
79. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
80. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
81. The father of your father or mother.
83. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
84. The sixth month of the civil year.
85. God of wisdom or prophesy.
86. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Young sheep.
2. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
3. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
4. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
5. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
6. 1 species.
7. A deep prolonged loud noise.
8. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
9. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
10. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
11. A wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface.
12. The face of a timepiece.
13. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
14. An informal term for a father.
19. Make a vibrant noise, of grasshoppers or cicadas.
22. A republic on the west coast of Africa.
25. A user interface based on graphics (icons and pictures and menus) instead of text.
27. A sharp pointed device attached to the cartridge of a record player.
29. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
31. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
32. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
34. (informal usage) A general feeling of boredom and dissatisfaction.
36. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
37. The capital of Eritrea.
38. Of the appetites and passions of the body.
40. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
45. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
46. Of or relating to or characteristic of Asia or the peoples of Asia or their languages or culture.
49. The driver of a team of horses doing hauling.
51. Leather with a napped surface.
52. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
53. (botany) Especially of leaves.
58. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
60. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
63. Aroused to impatience or anger.
64. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
66. A string of more than 3,000 islands east of Asia extending 1,300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean.
68. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
70. Scottish writer of rustic verse (1770-1835).
71. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
73. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
74. God of love and erotic desire.
77. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
78. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
82. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.